Light-O-Rama Forums

UPGRADING FROM BASIC TO STANDARD

denamy1

I'm new as well and so far, I've sequenced 18 songs but I'm finding it rather easy to do but I'm only doing 80 channels this first year out. It takes me usually 3-4 hours to sequence a song. Its a painstaking process but I'm following the examples set out by the others here whom I consider to be the professionals. The advanced license offers better things to work with and of course in the visualizer which I'm relying heavily on plus I've got controllers connected in my little home office to lots and lots of light strings...lol to verify things really do work as expected.

dgrant wrote:

I'm new as well and so far, I've sequenced 18 songs but I'm finding it rather easy to do but I'm only doing 80 channels this first year out. It takes me usually 3-4 hours to sequence a song. Its a painstaking process but I'm following the examples set out by the others here whom I consider to be the professionals. The advanced license offers better things to work with and of course in the visualizer which I'm relying heavily on plus I've got controllers connected in my little home office to lots and lots of light strings...lol to verify things really do work as expected.

Wow, I'm new to this too and must be a slow learner. I'm doing a 32 channel Easter Display (because (1) I want to play with my new toys and (2) it will be good practice for the big Christmas display)

I'm just doing one song (Peter Cotton Tail). It is 2:45 and I have 10+ hours invested and I still feel like I need some tweaking.

I can't imagine doing 80 channels in less time.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm planning 160 channels (yes, I know crazy) and two songs for Christmas. So far I have 8 channels of one Christmas song done! But that is on hold until I get Easter done.

dgrant wrote:

Your faster than me. It takes me 6-10 hours per minute depending on song choice.

• 2 weeks later...

dgrant wrote:

I'm new as well and so far, I've sequenced 18 songs but I'm finding it rather easy to do but I'm only doing 80 channels this first year out. It takes me usually 3-4 hours to sequence a song.

It takes me that long just to do all the timing marks that I do.....(not just the wave form), but voice, guitars & what not. I would say between 10hrs to 55hrs for me & it mostly depends on whether I am doing it from scratch or using an existing sequence, whether a short song , edited song, or a full length song say 3:00 minutes and up wards.

I am glad you have a good handle on this.....I am still learning this hobby since starting back in 2007.