Light-O-Rama Forums

Media Will Not Play

Ralph A

I had some trouble with S3 playing the media in my computer (will call it CPU 1) back in December. Did not worry about it had other fish to fry! I started to seq last month and it failed to play the media again. Windows media player 11 installed. I had other issues with CPU 1, so I just finished a reformat loaded all programs and the CPU 1 works fine in all areas but again will not play the media in LOR. I tried it on an older CPU (call it CPU 2) with less memory and a slower processor. and it played. Here are my CPU states.

CPU 1 Windows XP, service pack 3, Intel Pen 4 3.1 Ghz, 2 gb ram integrated video card Windows media player 11

CPU 2 Windows Xp, service pack 3 Intel Pen 4 2.6 Ghz, 1gb ram integrated video card Windows media player 11

I should add that I have a large display, over 600 channels, many groups and 10 or so tracks.

All music files are in wave format. I know I need a faster computer with a giant video card but these should work just slow. Right? I am planing to build a new computer this Summer but need to seq now. This must be a problem with my computer since it will play on the older one (CPU 2). Just don't know how or where to look to fix it!

Has anyone ever experienced this problem, and if so how did you fix it? Thanks for the advice and talk to ya soon!

Ralph

try to play them in windows media player without LOR. LOR does not play the audio nativly it uses Windows Media Player for the audio playback.

Hey Guys, Thanks for the reply. Yes I can play the media outside LOR. The computer appears to work great outside of this one problem in LOR. I may try S-2 and see what will happens? Just for kicks.