Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating lots of RGB Channels

flogger7

Is there a better way than inserting 150 RGB channels and then manually clicking through and setting every row of the channel configuration table to populate them as DMX universe 1 and their appropriate channel number and names?

Yes there is, when you insert a rgb theres a question below to do this how many times. If you type in 50 you get 50 RGB or 150 total channels. This is the insert Multiple RGB command.

They are still 'blank' channels at that point. I have to manually set the universe and channel number on each. Any way to have it auto-set these to universe 1 and channels 1-450 as they are created?

flogger7 wrote:

Is there a better way than inserting 150 RGB channels and then manually clicking through and setting every row of the channel configuration table to populate them as DMX universe 1 and their appropriate channel number and names?

Not that I know of! If there is someone please let us know!!!

While not perfect you could:

(At last channel) Right-click -> Insert Device Below
Set type: DMX
Channels: Whatever you need (You can name it here, to, btw)
Click Ok.
Right click on the first channel -> Convert to RGB Channel
RGB Channel Name: You can set the name of the RGB Groupings.
"Also do this for following channels" will let you create X number more RGB channels.

Sorry, guess I should have read the post a few more times! Now I see what you were asking! Thanks Don!

Donny

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Sorry, guess I should have read the post a few more times! Now I see what you were asking! Thanks Don!

Donny

Quite welcome.