Light-O-Rama Forums

DIO Card

dgrant

I happen to have a DIO card from a different manufacturer but its addressing doesn't match anything remotely available on the LOR addressing schemes. In this case, an Advantech 1763UP, 8-chan DIO. Anyone have a clue if its possible to use this with LOR software? Its Hex address is something like DFE0 although I don't have that system turned on at this moment to verify. The card does function normally with the associated test software that came with it.

I can verify Jeff's comments. I have had a Measurement Computing DIO96 and the DIO192 card. Still have close 100 Contenital 10Amp SSR's if anyone is building a "retro" display .. LOL ..

It used to be you had to buy the MC software or use the BSOFT IO board. I found out, and passed along to Dan (this was several years ago... 2004 or so) that all we needed was the Library which was available freely to download.

I have since sold both of the MC boards for several reasons. 1. It required a PC with motherboard slots that were getting HARD to find. 2. The board required another 100 bucks worth of pull down resistors, and finally, the logistics to wire up 192 SSR's was mind blowing and.. to make matters worse.. all it would do is turn lights on and off.

I do use a little X10 in my display. It turns on the inflatables, the wireframe bell controller, and the FM transmitter. Works very well.

From what I read on your board, I'm abotu 90% sure its not compatible with the MC library or the BSOFT board.

It seems this card's manufacturer did its own addressing thing. If I write my own code using LabView, I can easily talk to it but LOR isn't going to recognize it. Oh well...it was just a thought. Thanks Gentlemen.