Light-O-Rama Forums

Any way to change default colors LOR V3

David Barnett

Hey folks, is there anyway to change colors on defailt seq. grid.

What I was considering, making a diff. colored line marking the sec points. Just to identify those points quicker. for timing.

IE were the 1 sec point is located, I can make that timing mark stand out by making it red or black etc. Makes it a little easier to edit things.

If there was some way I could change the color of the add timing here line, then I could do this myself.....I would think. Maybe an ini,cfg,xml edit?

I'm almost sure of my answer, but thought I would run it by you anyway. I sometimes get lost when copy pasting from one area to another, so at least marking definetivly the sec areas would help.

Thanks.
David

David

I like your idea if I understand you correctly. Some sort of timing marker, so that when you try to match a timing grid location after scrolling down the screen from the original location. I find myself placing the original location x number of blocks from the right hand side of the grid and scrolling down to my matching new location and counting timing grid blocks to make sure I am aligning with my original location that is now off of the visible screen.

Steve

Something like that Steve. At least on the Second marks, make the line a little different either by color or boldness. That way you know were your 1sec,2sec,3sec..etc baseline timings marks will be; to make it a little easier to zero in on the timing placement you need, when it may be offscreen.

But, you get the general idea. Thanks for the input.

Best,
David

Dave

Did you make an official request for this?

(and editing my response- I move the time line so that the starting point is as close as possible to the left hand side. Than I count blocks from the left side-not the right side if it makes any difference in understanding my way of programming). I would think the fewer channels, the lesser this is an issue for others.

I use tracks and groups, and still find myself scrolling off screen to a matching timing location.

Steve

Good suggestion. What I do to help with this though is before certain display item sequence rows (for example, before my arch rows) I insert a blank channel row or two (not assigned to a controller) and assign them to a bold color (one not used in your display, such as hot pink). In that row(s), I fill blocks ("on" command") at certain timing points to make it easy to line up my sequencing. Easy to copy this channel to other areas within your grid too so you can easily match up your various items (say your arches and your megatree). Often I will fill this blank timing channel with the tapper wizard.

You may do something similar already, but figured I would mention if not.

Hi surfin, Thanks for the technique. I'll try that sometime.

As to did I submit this idea....No.

Based on Surfin's response; somebody will usually find a work around, and or show no interest... because to them it's a waist of resources. Example: Suggestion of Multiple Selection Copy/Paste.

So, I'm learning..slowly..but learning, on how the process seems to work.

I at least now, have a somewhat workable situation I can use.

Best,
David