Light-O-Rama Forums

Grouping Channels

mmais68569

Let me see if I have this right before I destroy a sequence.

What I have is 12 tomato cage trees spread over 6 controllers. This was done to help balance a load on the controllers & fill in unused channels.
If I create a GROUP & name it cages red then I can move all the tomato cage red channels into it. Then do the same with the green & clear channels. When creating the group I check the box that says "Leave copies in existing location" .

Then I sequence them as I want in the song when I get done I click the group & select "Degroup" & everything goes back to it's original location & runs as normal.

Mike

Hey Mike, I hate to answer when i don't know for sure, I'm learning this to. but I just did my first grouping my self and that does seen to be the way to do it. Id say take a sequence and back it up, then what ever changes you do when trying the new features you will be fine. I viewed bobs videos a bunch of times before I tried anything...lol and after, i still had questions, but its a great place to start. for me personally not sure yet if tracks are better for me or groups. or if there's use's for bolth id use. hope this helps a little.

mmais68569 wrote:

Then I sequence them as I want in the song when I get done I click the group & select "Degroup" & everything goes back to it's original location & runs as normal.

Yes...but personally, why "Degroup" it?

Having that "Group", everything will still run "normal".

At the very least, save it as a Channel Configuration so you don't have to recreate it for another sequence.

Pretty much every element I have has my 4 colors of R,G,B,W, so I have all of them grouped by color...or more specifically, in Sub Groups.

Mini Trees
Mini Trees Red
Mini Trees Green
Mini Trees Blue
Mini Trees White

You can also check "Leave copies in their existing locations" and have the group channel with the group member channels remaining as they were.

Advantage of doing either are up to the user.