Light-O-Rama Forums

sending a board back

james campbell

I have opened a ticket with the help desk,and will be send my controller back for repair. Do I take the card and heat sink out and just send in the card? or should I send the box and all in? They are replacing two triacs,ans it is under warranty Thanks James

James,

It is up to you if you wish to take the controller out of the enclosure or not. If you ship the entire unit back, they will remove it from the controller, do the repair, and re-install it back in the controller for you.

I see that they've already given you the returns address. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Kevin (who does the repairs) is not currently in the trouble system. We have been moving people into the system slowly, Kevin will be moved in shortly. With repairs we have asked people to contact Kevin directly via email to answer some questions and to send out replacement parts. Once Kevin is in, all departments will be covered. This includes; Pre-sales, Post-sales, Order status, License issues, Software Support, Hardware Support, General Questions, and finally the Repairs. With that, we will have 8 staff working the trouble ticket system.

Dan

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Kevin (who does the repairs) is not currently in the trouble system. We have been moving people into the system slowly, Kevin will be moved in shortly. With repairs we have asked people to contact Kevin directly via email to answer some questions and to send out replacement parts. Once Kevin is in, all departments will be covered. This includes; Pre-sales, Post-sales, Order status, License issues, Software Support, Hardware Support, General Questions, and finally the Repairs. With that, we will have 8 staff working the trouble ticket system.

Dan

Thank you for explaining this Dan. I was pissed after submitting a ticket then told to send an email to him directly. At that point, I came to the conclusion the support ticket system was useless. Now I know.

wbottomley wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Thank you for explaining this Dan. I was pissed after submitting a ticket then told to send an email to him directly. At that point, I came to the conclusion the support ticket system was useless. Now I know.

I don't blame you. Doesn't make much sense to have a trouble ticket system if you have to use email to get done what you want. On our end it has been interesting trying to convince some people that the trouble ticket system is a "better" way to go. People get set in their ways and get nervous when things change.

After I posted this I realized that I miss spoke, we have 10 people actively monitoring the trouble ticket system and 2 more (one engineer and one fulfillment) that need to be be put online.