Light-O-Rama Forums

Default Behavior for $6 DMX module

jstorms

Picked up one the cheap DMX modules from Holiday Coro. When I powered everything up the DMX module was driving a sample set of lights through a demo routine.

Do I have to program the DMX module to get it out of this mode? I thought it came preprogrammed as ch 141.

When it recieves a DMX signal it will stop the loop, so it it has power it will continue to do that. As for the default channel I do not know.

Im curious if the demo mode can be programmed out or is there a way that when there is no show to send a DMX blank signal.

I would try it on channels 1, 2 , and 3. And yes, when you plug power into it, it will give a light show. Once you send it a signal the show will stop and your sequencing for it will begin.

GoofyGuy wrote:

It has a time out of x amount of time, when there is no DMX signal it goes back to color fades and effects.

I like it, it tells me my DMX signal is working. My DMX signal runs 24/7 in my display.

Last year had a connection problem with one of the Coro Stars and helped me know it had a problem before the show started.

Some do not like this feature, it is up to use it or not with that feature.

• 4 weeks later...

We tested this out this week in a thread located here.....
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum75/31181-4.html

Looks like it keeps the factory sequence from running both with LOR control panel running and or the xlights control panel running; depending on how you shedule your shows. So the factory set sequence shouldn't be a problem but more of a alert like Dennis said above letting you know what is wired up correctly and what isn't.

• The topic was locked