Light-O-Rama Forums

Rgb channel numbers

marsh28

Just to make one other statement about my post.

When assigning channels in your software you have to make sure you do not assign channels from one device to another unit unless you want them to mirror each other.

So if you have a Chauvet with 7 channels, 2 DMX RGB three channel modules and two LOR controllers all on a DMX network, then here is a sample channels assignment in your software.

Universe #1

LOR Controller #1 set to ID-01 Channels 1-16 in DMX
LOR Controller #2 set to ID-02 Channels 17-33 in DMX
Chauvet (7 Channels) set to channel 34.
DMX RGB Module !3 set to channel 41
DMX RGB Module #2 set to channel 44

If you add another LOR Controller you do not have to add it after the LOR #2 controller just program it for ID-04 and it will be channels 48-60 in DMX.

LOR controllers can only be changed in 16 channel blocks so you see in my example you have 5 channels lost in the configuration, 4 for the Chauvet, you are not using but could, and channel 47 with nothing assigned.

This is the way it works.

I bought some Rainbow Flood Lights from Greg last year, but have never put them into my display. I don't have any controllers or power supplies, dongles, or anything yet. This is really confusing to me. I have read and read what others have said, but I'm still not sure I get it. I will keep reading and trying.

Sorry I'm so thick-headed.

CKSedg wrote:

I bought some Rainbow Flood Lights from Greg last year, but have never put them into my display. I don't have any controllers or power supplies, dongles, or anything yet. This is really confusing to me. I have read and read what others have said, but I'm still not sure I get it. I will keep reading and trying.

That is why we are here to help.

Post your questions

The light will come soon.

CKSedg wrote:

First question to ask yourself is...do you want to control them via dmx...or control them via a standard LOR controller, as you likely the rest of your lights, assuming no other dmx in your display..

From there, its an easy path to follow to either solution.

A good resource for LOR and DMX setups with all of our Seasonal Entertainment products can be found on our Downloads page. Go to the Tutorials and Troubleshooting section and there are a bunch of different guides that explain how easy the setups can be.

http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/downloads.htm

Greg

Greg, you're website is great and I think I might be investing some serious bucks on your floods. I do have a question about the extreme floods, though. I am looking for three spot/floods to wash across the front of my house. Because the front of my house is narrow, I need the three spot/floods to have a fairly narrow beam. Do you think the rainbow extremes would work if I placed them close enough to the house?

I have 3 rainbow spot lights and 3 rainbow wall washers connected to lor dc board very simple and cheaper than buying lor idmx but then i guess it depends oon how you want to use them D Laff

marsh28 wrote:

Greg, you're website is great and I think I might be investing some serious bucks on your floods. I do have a question about the extreme floods, though. I am looking for three spot/floods to wash across the front of my house. Because the front of my house is narrow, I need the three spot/floods to have a fairly narrow beam. Do you think the rainbow extremes would work if I placed them close enough to the house?

The flood lights put out a lot of light and really fill up an area. The spotlights have a fairly narrow band of light they through out, however are still bright. The effect you want is going to determine the lights you use. If you want to light the entire front of your house, I would strongly recommend the floods. If you want to light up an object, or a pole or something small, the spotlights are a better choice.

• The topic was locked