Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX

Discotech24

I would greatly appreciate any ideas and/or pictures of other peoples setup when it comes to wiring their DMX controllers and lights in the yard. I live in Canada so waterproofing or protection is a must for the snow. I am going to be going to DMX starting this coming Halloween so I need to start with setup and purchasing now. Any advice on controllers and/or lights would be great as well. Have done ALOT of reading in the forums and I think I know how to do it. Now I need to make the purchases and dive in. Qucik question. If i buy those white DMX controllers $6-$12 depending where you puchase, do I need the dongle that Holidaycoro sells in order to program their addresses. If that is the case I am out of luck. They do not ship to Canada and I have not found another source for the cables. ANy help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you have a problem getting them LMK. I am from Saskatchewan originally and we can have Dave send them to me and then I can ship them to you.

Thanks for the offer, that is awesome. But I am debating just picking up the DC controller from LOR to use for dumb RGB strips. It seems that would be an easier way to distribute the power to the stirps instead of having to wire up several supplies to all the DMX controllers. What would your suggestion be? It may be cheaper to just get the controller from LOR. That way it is in one box and I won't have to make up several little boxes for the PSU's and DMX controllers. I can just run the long wires from the controller to each dumb strip.

• The topic was locked