Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM transmitter

Chris B

For the folks here that purchased a EDM transmitter, approximately how long did it take to receive? I ordered mine as soon as there site opened back up on jan 10th or 11th. Havent heard a word and payed through paypal. Tried going to there ordering page to get an email address for them so i could speak with them directly and it just keeps saying web page unavailable. Thanks.

Chris

Contact them here:

edmdesign@yahoogroups.com

Chris B wrote:

For the folks here that purchased a EDM transmitter, approximately how long did it take to receive? I ordered mine as soon as there site opened back up on jan 10th or 11th. Havent heard a word and payed through paypal. Tried going to there ordering page to get an email address for them so i could speak with them directly and it just keeps saying web page unavailable. Thanks.

Chris

Thanks guys. I emailed them earlier this week and was given a reply of "it will be there by the end of this week". Well it still has not arrived. I'm wondering if I got scammed. Thanks Chris

Chris, Although I do not own a edm transmitter but rather one I built I know I see people swear by their stuff day in and day out here. Don't worry unless its past a month and you still have not received it I would say.

Received my edm today. After reading the instructions and assembling, i got to testing. So i used the headphone port on my computer set the volume very low and played some music. I could hear it no problem on my home stereo 5 ft away. However when going out to my vehicle in my driveway and tuning to the channel i could not hear a thing- i mean static. Went back in the house and it was working fine. I tried moving the slide switch and also noticed the "rf" pot was maxed out , out of the box. I read something about a line level attenuator and am starting to wonder if thats what i will need to solve my problem. Anyone with ideas please chime in. Id hate to be the first with a bad edm review. Chris

Is the wire antenna laying horz. or is it tacked up the wall so it is vertical? If you had Xray vision. Is there a refrig, furnace or any other large metal item between the antenna and the car?

EDM power supply? You did the soldering yourself on the power jack? Confident you have good solder connections, and chip is inserted properly if it wasn't done already for you?

Can you take it outside and do a test?

From what you describe, i don't think your issue is line level.