Light-O-Rama Forums

s3

Christopher2113

ok so i have the advanced lincenses of s2 and it does not support s3 but i what to upgrade to s3 so what do i do/ i dont see an option to upgrade it on lor store

thanks christopher kidd

You have:
A license that does not support S3.

You want
To upgrade to S3 at your current license level, but do NOT want the SuperStar Editor (SSE).

You need
This: http://store.lightorama.com/solire.html

Why?
This will renew your license, at your current software level (Basic, Basic Plus, Standard or Advanced) and give you the ability to activate S3.

Hi,

Since you already have S2 Advanced, here's the long story short:

You need a license renewal. But if you buy an LOR SuperStar license, it includes a free license renewal, so you don't have to buy one separately. So the first thing to do is to decide whether you want LOR SuperStar or not.

If you do want SuperStar, go
here
to purchase it.

If you don't want SuperStar, go
here
to purchase a license renewal.

In either case, make sure to use the same email address that is associated with your license. If you don't know what email address that is, or no longer have access to it,
open up a trouble ticket
on our Help Desk, and LOR Customer Support will straighten things out for you.

And here's the long story long:

Please see the
S3 Licensing FAQs post

Go SuperStar. It will get you the S3 and Superstar. Superstar is a lot of fun with autosequence and CCR's. Even if you dont have either yet one day you might. I dont have any CCRs but a ton of pixels and believe when I say it makes life easier.

Don's point is what Im getting at here. Get the 2_CCR Superstar and S3 comes in the package!

Ok 2ss I'm game but do I need more than 2
If I want to use the auto sequencer to program my pixels I plan one ordering will I need more than 300 channels
Or is that just for ccr?

The auto-sequencer is a function of the SSE. I can't say for sure, but I would suspect that if you go over 300 channels you would need a higher CCR license.

(My thinking is that since 2 CCR's would be 300 channels, going over that would require a higher CCR license.)

Christopher2113 wrote:

Hmmm
Does 1 pixels count as 1 channel ?

The number of channels a pixel requires = the number of channels it counts as :)

SO, If the pixel is RGB, it counts as 3 (1 for red, 1 for green, 1 for blue).

GoofyGuy wrote:

correct its to autosequence up to 300 channels. Not just CCr but anything up to that license cap

I'm pretty sure the 2 CCR license will support:

2 CCRs with 0 extra channels.
1 CCR with UP TO 150 extra channels
0 CCRS with UP TO 300 extra channels.

DevMike wrote:

GoofyGuy wrote:
correct its to autosequence up to 300 channels. Not just CCr but anything up to that license cap

I'm pretty sure the 2 CCR license will support:

2 CCRs with 0 extra channels.
1 CCR with UP TO 150 extra channels
0 CCRS with UP TO 300 extra channels.

Correct its channels your paying for not CCR's So 100 RGB channels, 300 strobes, 300 LED strings, makes no difference 300 channels. The 2 CCR comes from that they occupy 150 channels each, so 2 CCRs 300 channels. So you can have a mix if you wanted, 1 CCR, 40 RGB channels, 10 strobes on differnt channels, and 20 strings of lights.