Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL

columbus27

I am looking to increase the length of the wire to my ELL. So I would like to add a power supply. Where can I go to find this. I saw the CMB-16d but the ELL wasn't mentioned on the datasheet.

http://www.lightorama.com/DigitalIO.html said that it could be a power supply for the Easy Light Linker.

Next year I am going to send a signal about 300 feet (line of sight). In previous years I have sent a signal about 200 feet. My goal is to start permanently mounting my controllers and add outlets outside. But this would require me to increase the length of my cable from 20ft to about 40 feet.

I am trying to minimize the voltage drop during this distance.

On another post a person spoke of an adapter. But I couldn't find anything on this.

Without modification, you can't power an ELL with a separate PS.

You can power them via a controller, including the CMB-16D, or a USB485B adapter.

If you're worried about the cable length between controller going from 20 to 40 feet, my suggestion would be to test it, while the published limit is 25 feet, my guess is you'd be ok. I have never used the ELLs with long cable runs, always relatively short, so cannot provide any personal experience results there.

As far as the 200-300 foot linker distance, especially with it being LOS, you'll be just fine.