Light-O-Rama Forums

Soldering up a CTB16PC kit

IGOR

Does any one know who sells the same solder that is used in the kits? I'm very impressed with the quality of solder joints and the no mess flux that is used in it. My old rosen core stuff is on its way out if I can get the same kind that is in the kits!!!

Comes with the solder! It had extra purchased but did not need it. The technique Im sure has something to do with it as well. I soldered up both kits myself and this would be my first major soldering job. Followed the book to the T and they both came out great! Other than these the only thing Ive soldered were speaker wires!

Im actaully looking forward more to assembling the kits more than using them!

I put together 2 kits in Nov. Great kits! I build many kits and projects in the amateur radio world. I still make misstakes. The only problem I see with the kits is that the plate through holes are just to tight to unsolder and remove parts from. I had 4 opto IC soldered upside down and could not remove them with out breaking the pins off. I really liked the solder! Much better that the old rosin core I have.

Try Kester 245. However, I would not use it anywhere that is highly critical. Apparently for some uses, when the humidity changer, and the residue changes from 500M ohm resistance to 100M ohms, things don't always behave well. Apparently it is really tough to clean off as well. That said, probably 98% of projects will have no issues using it.

I have a bunch of small spools left over from the LOR kits, I can send them to you if you want.. oh, and wondering, whats yer call?

TJ, NS2E

• 1 month later...