Light-O-Rama Forums

it happened to me today

james campbell

reitan_family wrote:

This my 4th year using LOR with just over 10k lights. I came home from work last week and found this in our mail box....

thats really cool

I to received a christmas card this year from a family in town, it was addressed to the house with the awesome lights. They said there family would stop every night and watch on there way home. It really makes all the work worth it when you hear how much someone enjoyed it. Thanks LOR and everyone hear who help may this hobby fun.

Jim, I think you'd be safe with Lawn Lights.. you know, the ones you put on the ground, on purpose.. =)

You could even spell something out.. like..

"I dare you to fall over now!"

Thats awesome guys! Friends of ours came by with their great niece. She posted this on my facebook page:

My great niece wanted to know if they are making toys inside your house. Awesome show!
Thats stuff you can't make up!
See the comment here: http://www.facebook.com/dkrasley/posts/2462898696115

This year was the best for us. We had hundreds of guests and we collected over $3400 for The Ronald McDonald House Charities Of Central PA We also gave away over 60 dozen of candy canes.
Hang in there guys! Our first year I would bet we were lucky if we had 50 cars the whole time.
The 2 previous years we were part of a group here. We had a pretty good turn out but we needed TV coverage to get the word out. Our home is on a dead end road and you can't see anything until you get close. To not know about the display, you wouldn't just stumble on it too easily.
This year (our 5th year) we broke away and it was never better. We made a flier with the important information and maps to our display. We had them printed and handed them out all over the place. With the fliers and the 3 stations that came out had our place hopping with traffic! It was awesome to see how patient people were and luckily our neighbors had no complaints. Most of the TV will cover your display if you have a charity your collecting donations for. We were lucky because the RMH did a press release so we barely had to do anything to get the media out. Only one actually called and said they would be out and that was the only one we were home for!

I walked out to grab the mail and had a family "slam" on the brakes just to stop and ask the question. "how do you do all of this crazy stuff?". my simple reply every time, "Its easy i do it just so your kids bug you to come see the display every year" That's when the kids scream from the back seat on how amazing one part or another of the show they liked the best. To top it all off after speaking with them for 4-5 min i opened the mail box and found $100.00 and a note: "we loved your lights this year we have stopped several times and have even brought friends and family over to come watch, here is a little something to help with the electric bill, signed Tom and Patty. Not sure who you are but im sure that the lighting store would love to take that $100.00 so i can buy more lights! Thanks again to whom ever you are!

• The topic was locked