Light-O-Rama Forums

undoing quick key sequence entries

Preston Meyer

I have not found this problem talked about in the forum files (at least the way I searched).

After I input a sequence portion, using the keyboard "quick keys", I can't use the undo or "Cntrl x" to remove it. These functions work fine on mouse entered (select and drag) sequence parts.

Am I missing something or is this the way it works???

Well, one thing is that Ctrl-X is Cut, not Undo. Undo is Ctrl-Z.

If that was just a typo, and Ctrl-Z is not working: What version of the software are you using? And what's a specific example of something you try to undo which does not work?

Yes I meant "Cntrl Z". Using 3.1.4 advanced.

Anything that I put into a sequence using the keyboard controls (such as, Hold "D" for a fade down, swipe several cells with mouse for the range) can't be undone by clicking on the "undo" box or highlighting and doing a "Cntrl Z" command. The time line blinks but nothing else happens. The same portion deletes fine with the "delete" key.

"undo" and "cntrl Z" works as normal when using mouse only selections of functions.

Hold "D" for a fade down, swipe several cells with mouse for the range

That's interesting. I didn't even realize that could be done.

What you're actually doing there is applying the Fade Down tool many, many times per second. The undos actually do work, technically speaking, but since you're telling it to fade down in the same spot so many times, it seems like they're doing nothing.

You could see the same strange effect simply by holding down D for, say, a second, without moving the mouse at all. If you then let go of D and start undoing, you might get back to your pre-fade state after maybe twenty or thirty undos (at least on my computer).

We'll keep this in mind for a fix in the future, but in the meantime, it will probably work better if you swipe the mouse and then hit D once, instead of holding down D while swiping the mouse.