Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Data Networks

JD321

Hi Guys-

This is my first year with light o rama, and I am already looking to expand. I was planning on buying 12 CCRs and running them with a mini MP3 Show director that I bought a few weeks ago. However, I just ran into a post that said that using a director could cause lag, and two data networks could even be laggy. So I decided that I will buy a computer to dedicate to lights. I am now wondering how many data networks I should have for my CCRs? 3? 4? 6? I want to make sure that I have zero lag.

Thanks Much!!!

JD

Unfortunately, how many networks you need to avoid lag really depends on exactly what you are doing with your CCR, and your sequencing style.

One rule of thumb is to put your standard controllers on a separate network, so what you do with the CCR won't affect the timing of your standard controller lights.

I have heard that some get by with 6 CCR to a network but others have suggested that with busy sequencing, closer to 5, or 4 CCR per network would be good.

-klb- wrote:

Unfortunately, how many networks you need to avoid lag really depends on exactly what you are doing with your CCR, and your sequencing style.

One rule of thumb is to put your standard controllers on a separate network, so what you do with the CCR won't affect the timing of your standard controller lights.

I have heard that some get by with 6 CCR to a network but others have suggested that with busy sequencing, closer to 5, or 4 CCR per network would be good.

Thanks!

I will start with 4 per network then.

It also depends on your use of the Macro Effects. Setting the logical resolution to 1, and using macro mode 1 to "bounce" the arch, looks really smooth and uses very little bandwidth. If you did all your sequencing in this style, you could probably get by with 12 CCRs on a single network.

On the other hand, if you have a CCR matrix with SuperStar sequencing, you will use the bandwidth quickly.

• The topic was locked