Light-O-Rama Forums

dimming differences between PC and 1602 controllers

vkjohnson

Finished sequencing a song with a lot of low intensities and tested it out on the display. I am using all incandescent lights. Many of the channels (my tree line) flash at intensities between 20 and 50% together with the beat. Noticed immediately that some trees were a little brighter than others, most notable at 20 and 30% intensities. Checked my channel list and saw that it was a difference between controllers.

The intensities on the PC controllers were a bit brighter than the 1602s. At 50% and over as well as fast fades it is undetectable, but lower intensities are different. Neither controller really lights things up at 10%. At 20% the PC controller is twice as bright as the 1602. At 30% it starts to get a little better, but the 1602 is still 10% behind. By 50% they have evened out.

Not a huge problem as this is the only song that uses really low intensities and I can better match up controllers for next year, but I just thought I would make note of this for other LOR users. My 1602s were all DIY kits, but I assume this is a difference between controllers, not an assembly error as it affects every one of my 1602s. All my controllers, PC and 1602, are the new Gen3 versions.

Here's a raw video. Still in the editing process. On the tree line to the LEFT of the front door. 3 trees on each end are dimmer. Middle 5 are brighter (the PC ones)
https://docs.google....FmNGNi&hl=en_US

(cross-posted in Planet Christmas forum)

• 3 weeks later...