Light-O-Rama Forums

Santa and I Know It! - Clean Edit Version video

Guest guest

Nope, not using SSB, I use the Hardware Utility as it gives me a lot more options.

If I sequence a song with the silent parts fully intact I get the lag times, there is nothing else I am or was doing, all I do is, create new musical sequence, import MP3 file, create the effects, save sequence, load sequence onto SD card via HWU, run show at appointed time from the DC-MP3 Showtime Director.

Before I started removing the silent parts of the MP3 I had some very long lag times between sequences/songs.

There was nothing else I was doing to the sequence or MP3 when I first started sequencing, but after having long dark gaps, this was what fixed it for me.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• George Simmons

• shfr26

• Greg Young

• WilliamS

So I can't see this being operator error as I doubt I am doing anything any different here.

I can see it being the MP3 file creating the issue. As once I started chopping the silent parts off the beginning and end of them the lag issue went away.

It still doesn't add up in my mind. I've known quite a few MP3s over the years and I've never encountered a single one (or married one, for that matter) that had anywhere near the length of silence, either before or after the song, that could possibly cause blackouts of the magnitude you describe. Are you certain it was the SHOW that was blacking out for that long?

My Dad used to have what my Mom called "spells". The rest of never figured out where he went, but every now and then he'd just sit there and stare at something no one else could see, sometimes for quite a while. Just saying...

George Simmons wrote:

My Dad used to have what my Mom called "spells". The rest of never figured out where he went, but every now and then he'd just sit there and stare at something no one else could see, sometimes for quite a while. Just saying...

Hey George, I have a number of employees who seem to have "spells" at work. Every once in a while I have to walk through and SNAP them out of it. I don't know where they go during their spells, either.:)

Like stated: CREATE MUSICAL SEQUENCE

Add Music using ORIGINAL UNEDITED MP3

Establish Sequence

SAVE SEQUENCE

Using HARDWARE UTILITY to ADD SHOW SEQUENCES to LOR SUPPLIED 512MB SD CARD (NEW 2010)

RUN SHOW from DC-MP3 Showtime Director at appointed time.

LONG DELAYS BETWEEN SEQUENCES and I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE.

I had NO CONTROL over the long dark display gaps using UNEDITED MP3 files in the sequences.

I CUT OFF the begining and end silent sections all the way up to the start of song and end of song, those dark gaps were now gone.

This WAS AND IS NOT OPERATOR ERROR, it is caused by something else and this is the ONLY WAY I COULD CORRECT those blackouts between the sequences.

Whether anyone wants to beleive that or not, that's their issue, I know what was happeing, I saw it happen, neighbors saw it happen and asked why is there so long a gap without lights before the next song played. So I had to find a way to fix it and this is what it took to correct the issue.

There is nothing more I can do to explain it, this is all I did and what I did to correct MY problems with it. Your results may not be the same or even close to the issues I had, but I had them just the same.

• The topic was locked