Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB 6803 Smart Strip Setup

johnson8ryley

Well, along with getting my own RGB strip instead of buying the CCR's, you can see that I'm trying to save as much money as I can. I have heard that the enttec pro usb is the way to go but what about the LOR USB485?

I used the DMX Pro this year and it was a solid performer. It's expensive but I trust it to perform well. I wouldn't pay the extra money just for the CPU saving because they are minimal. I would also consider the Enttec Open or Lynx as less expensive options.

wow jeff i totally forgot about the enttec open. could someone link me to the lynx dongle? also, if in the future i wanted to add more DMX devices daisy chained, would the enttec open be able to do that? I've read that LOR's converters don't do so well in that department so I would like to know if the enttec open would do just fine

Lynx dongle is here. This is a DIY build it yourself style option and not a prebuilt option. The Enttec options would be prebuilt. I think I would consider the Enttec Open as my first choice based on price, it's prebuilt and endorsed by LOR. I have not heard about any problems with the open.

http://diylightanimation.com/index.php?board=7.0

I think for the sake of time, I'll be going with the enttec open but thanks jeff for the link.

• The topic was locked