Light-O-Rama Forums

WOW!!

nmonkman

Well I finally got my license renewal figured out and started up S3 for the first time. At first I was like, "well this is not that much different".

I was scared it would be a whole new layout. Then I found the visualizer.

Again, WOW!!!In the infamous words of Flounder from Animal House, "Boy, is this great!"

I am in the very infantile stages of it, but I can see the ENORMOUS improvements and well worth the renewal. I will have to look around for some tutorials to get better at it. Is there anything in flash format available?

Great Job LOR!!!

No not yet, I just sat down with it this evening. I noticed a thread about instant sequencing, but I do not see it under the tools menu.

I looked under the help file and it said you could hit CTRL + I, but that doesnt do anything. Is this something that got eliminated?

I am in the sequence editor, is there another module I need to be in?

The Instant Sequence is when you are in Superstar, not the Sequence Editor (I think). I haven't made the jump over to S3 yet, I guess it's time for me to start playing with it too.

I'm waiting to get my licence email changed so I can use S3. I took pics today with all of my lights still up to import as the background image.
I've been dreaming about this literally and reading this is getting me pumped to start using it.

I hope having the arches and mega tree up in the pics will make it easier to set up the visualizer, at least I should be able to get the lights in the right spot.

Yeah, I finally stumbled across it last night, but when I renewed I did not include extra $ for the superstar.

Once I figure out the visualizer, can that be used with the sequence editor or am I limited to the standard animation if I dont use superstar?

The Visualizer is part of the regular S3 license, available to anyone. Use of Superstar Sequence Editor is not required to use the visualizer.

Since I just started in December I'm not sure which features were not available in previous versions. But I'd also like to say the Visualizer was an awesome tool for designing my show. I ordered the controller and downloaded the 500+ page software manual. I read through most of the manual that day. During the day I called home and said "go outside and take a picture of our house including the yard". I went home and drew all my lights in the visualizer and assigned channel numbers to each fixture. If you have a dual monitor setup it's really nice to put the Visualizer up on one monitor while sequencing in the editor. The controller arrived via UPS and I got it hooked up just as it was getting dark. Ran inside and did the simple show builder which I had never even opened before. Got the show scheduled and it started up. Ran outside and damn if it didn't look just like the simulation I had been watching all week.

I ended up enjoying leaving the Visualizer up and running while the show was running so I could walk by and see what was happening outside.

Gilrock wrote:

I ended up enjoying leaving the Visualizer up and running while the show was running so I could walk by and see what was happening outside.

My show computer runs all day and night, when it was in season the Visualizer stayed open. I would get home and inside I knew where the show was and I didnt have to be outside to view it. Many times I was able to catch an error and start working on fixing it becuase this was always open.

This isn't in the read me for it? I like the way it turned out. Takes a ton of time to make it perfect. Now I need to make a new one for this year.

Well I got the idea to use it as a monitoring tool from the Help file...page 439:

[align=left]"Since the Visualizer uses standard IP communication, it is not limited to just design simulations on your sequencing computer; it can also be used as a display item in your show. For example, you could attach a large screen TV to a computer somewhere else on your physical stage and control it from your show computer."[/align]

Apparently the visualizer is just like a Health Care Reform Act. First you have to buy it so you can later find out what's in it.

Sorry, could not resist and I am sure DevMike looks nothing like Pelosi. :)

Gilrock wrote:

Well I got the idea to use it as a monitoring tool from the Help file...page 439:

[align=left]"Since the Visualizer uses standard IP communication, it is not limited to just design simulations on your sequencing computer; it can also be used as a display item in your show. For example, you could attach a large screen TV to a computer somewhere else on your physical stage and control it from your show computer."[/align]

Right. We expected that it would/could be used as a show element. What I didn't expect was people leaving it on just for themselves to see if the show was actually running or not. I suppose it's the same thing either way, but it was unexpected.

nmonkman wrote:

Apparently the visualizer is just like a Health Care Reform Act. First you have to buy it so you can later find out what's in it.

Sorry, could not resist and I am sure DevMike looks nothing like Pelosi. :P

Funny, but in this case you can download it before you buy it.

It's probably going to be an ugly year in politics. I hope the dictator gets gets kick out along with all his czars.

scubado wrote:

nmonkman wrote:

Sorry, could not resist and I am sure DevMike looks nothing like Pelosi. :D

Funny, but in this case you can download it before you buy it.

It's probably going to be an ugly year in politics. I hope the dictator gets gets kick out along with all his czars.

Hi,

We want to keep politics out of the forums. Things like religion and politics too easily cause friction between people. We need to focus on what we have in common which is decorating.

Dan

Gilrock wrote:

... I ordered the controller and downloaded the 500+ page software manual. I read through most of the manual that day.
I've seen a few references to things like "page 439 of the manual", etc. I know I'm missing an obvious link somewhere, and I'm sure it's embedded in a few threads. Maybe we could get a sticky to where this manual can be downloaded from?