Light-O-Rama Forums

1602W

RocketCitySanta

This year I purchased 10 1602W Controllers bringing me up to 16 and 256 channels. I was very excited about my new design and show expansion. Once I finally finished with set up and the debut I thought all was going to be wonderful this year. Was I in for a surprise.

Since my Thanksgiving debut everyone of the 10 new controllers has developed bad channels. Some as few a one bad channel and two with 6 bad channels. Since I am 100% LED I had some strange symptoms. The problems range from a full on, continuios 110 VAC delivery to a 42.5 VDC which manifested itself as a half string on dim.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of failure rate on the new controllers?

[This reply is pure speculation on my part, and in no way reflects any official information from LOR.]

Over the summer we heard about a run of bad Triacs which further delayed products for 2011.

I'm suspecting that the new round of Triacs, though statistically better than the first run, is still higher than we (the community) are used to seeing.

Thanks Don, I had asked a few other customers another LOR partner and even posed the question to LOR. I suspected there was some kind of manufacturing issue.