Light-O-Rama Forums

lmfao

mf123

Guest wbottomley

mf123 wrote:

here but you must use ur own party rock anthem song and you will need to edit it so it will fit perfictly theses a part near the middle of the song that i added another 10 seconds too so you will all need to fix it..
and if you could edit it alitle it would be greatly appretated
tell me if its not done for this mite be my other copy that i stoped using 1/2 way

Did you fail spelling? I hate to be a critic... but that would have to be the most poorly written paragraph I've seen on this board in years.

I had to read it several times to figure out what you were saying.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mf123

• caniac

• Robin

• WilliamS

Top Posters In This Topic

First, a disclaimer generally get's you out of any copyright problems on YouTube. You are not selling it after all.

To the guy who cannot spell. You have got to be kidding.

William I like the green one. Most people can relate with green with envy.

Robin wrote:

First, a disclaimer generally get's you out of any copyright problems on YouTube. You are not selling it after all.

To the guy who cannot spell. You have got to be kidding.

William I like the green one. Most people can relate with green with envy.

I always thought Envy and Jealous were basically the same emotion, as I equate green with the word Jealousy myself, not so much envy, envy I always equated more with a subtle red color.

But by their definitions, they seem to be a little different than even I thought.

Envy although it is a synonym of jealousy, envy is wanting or desiring what someone else has, whereas Jealousy is just being jealous or resentful of what someone has that you can't afford or may not even want, but because it may be an expensive item (like a brand new car), you resent your neighbor for being able to afford it.

Whereas envy you actually do want what or desire to own what you neighbor has acquired, but may not be able to get that item because it could be a one time collectors piece that isn't made any longer and no more are in existence.

But to each his or her own.

Robin wrote:

Orville, so like what did anything you say have to do with one word I said? Or do you just post to read yourself? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I see the word "green" in your post so I guess that is the one word in common. Plus a few uses of "you", "and", "to", "be" etc. ;)

No. Just saying envy to me is not green.

GREEN with Jealousy.
RED with Envy.

Is how I have always heard it. So not to make folks think they mean the same thing, I just gave those examples.

wbottomley wrote:

mf123 wrote:
here but you must use ur own party rock anthem song and you will need to edit it so it will fit perfictly theses a part near the middle of the song that i added another 10 seconds too so you will all need to fix it..
tell me if its not done for this mite be my other copy that i stoped using 1/2 way

Did you fail spelling? I hate to be a critic... but that would have to be the most poorly written paragraph I've seen on this board in years.

Ditto.

Orville wrote:

GREEN with Jealousy.
RED with Envy.

Is how I have always heard it. So not to make folks think they mean the same thing, I just gave those examples.

According to all-knowing wikipedia, "In English-speaking cultures, envy is often associated with the color green, as in "green with envy"."

I think you made the red thing up. More appropriately, I usually hear of "red with embarrassment". :P

wbottomley wrote:

mf123 wrote:

I agree, the last time I read something like that the dude was wearing a dress and I just figured he had bigger issues than spell/grammar check.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Orville wrote:

GREEN with Jealousy.
RED with Envy.

According to all-knowing wikipedia, "In English-speaking cultures, envy is often associated with the color green, as in "green with envy"."

I think you made the red thing up. More appropriately, I usually hear of "red with embarrassment". :P

Nope, didn't make it up.

What???? You've never heard anyone say: "You're so red faced with envy you can't stand it!"? or some variation of it.

My parents used to say it all the time, even had teachers in school say it.

So nope, it's not mine.

But yes, I agree that red is also associated with embarrasment. But it's also associated with Christmas lights and "specific ladies of the evening" too.:)

Just like any color can actually be associated with mulitple things, what makes red any different?

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Orville wrote:

GREEN with Jealousy.
RED with Envy.

But did you check "orvi-pedia"?????? :):D:D

caniac wrote:

hmmm, so I am red with whore like Christmas Envy!!! LOL

Red with what? :shock::shock:

Ok, I get it now, that missing hyphen gives it a while new meaning...:P

Going to blame it on the spell-checker, right?

DonFL wrote:

caniac wrote:

Ok, I get it now, that missing hyphen gives it a while new meaning...:P

yep, damn skirt was chaffing me and I hit post instead of spell check!! lol

Ok I'm not sure I am getting good feelings about this OP....I have found that he LIES alot and has been caught lieing. So regardless of age and who's to say that's even the truth...but he's been perma banned from other forums and its all for about the same reasonings....useing others designs an turning around to try to sell them and state they are your own? I'm not sure about this guys folks....

ToddH wrote:

Ok I'm not sure I am getting good feelings about this OP....I have found that he LIES alot and has been caught lieing. So regardless of age and who's to say that's even the truth...but he's been perma banned from other forums and its all for about the same reasoning....using others designs an turning around to try to sell them and state they are your own? I'm not sure about this guys folks....
thanks for the 411!

DonFL wrote:

caniac wrote:

Ok, I get it now, that missing hyphen gives it a while new meaning...:D

Did you really mean to say red with whore? Don't get me wrong everyone has different associations with words, but that my blinky light friend is an odd one.

GoofyGuy wrote:

DonFL wrote:
caniac wrote:

Ok, I get it now, that missing hyphen gives it a while new meaning...:D

Did you really mean to say red with whore? Don't get me wrong everyone has different associations with words, but that my blinky light friend is an odd one.
should have used the word "whore-like" but thought it would be funny since our friend referred to red as being used to refer to women of questionable nature.

Guest wbottomley

ToddH wrote:

Ok I'm not sure I am getting good feelings about this OP....I have found that he LIES alot and has been caught lieing. So regardless of age and who's to say that's even the truth...but he's been perma banned from other forums and its all for about the same reasonings....useing others designs an turning around to try to sell them and state they are your own? I'm not sure about this guys folks....

I guess my very first post is right then. ;)

Guest Don Gillespie

wbottomley wrote:

ToddH wrote:

I guess my very first post is right then. ;)

according to his profile he was born in 1900 thus making him 112 years old maybe we should give him a break about spelling ;)