Light-O-Rama Forums

New problem dimming LED strings

Steven

At the beginning of each song, I have my LED strings dimmed to about 15%. In one sequence they would consistently flash wildly for a fraction of a second when the song starts. I couldn't figure out why, and then I remembered in that sequence I turn on the garden lights using X-10, which is sent to a device that sends the "On" command to an Insteon module.

It probably doesn't help that the Insteon module is question is this one:
2473SWH.jpg

And yes, most of the LOR controllers are plugged into the bottom (always on) socket, meaning the source of the interference couldn't get much closer.

And it's not just the garden lights. The way Insteon works, each module is also a repeater, making a mesh network. Therefore, anytime we turn on a module anywhere in the house, this module outdoor transmits, which makes the LED strings flicker if they are dimmed.

I could insert a filter, but the Filterlinc I have is only rated for 4.5 amps, and my lights draw more than that. Perhaps I should buy the 10-amp version.

Any other thoughts?

[align=left]Yeah, Don't plug your controllers into an insteon receptacle.;)[/align]
[align=left]We have over 60 insteon devices in our house. None of my controllers are plugged into one though. I have not seen any problems with our display with them in use.[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

I have tons of Insteon and I have no interference either.. but then I don't have my controllers plugged into them.