Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches

goslow5

Jake, I really think that depends on the size of the Arch(es) you create, the light count on your strings and the arch(es) construction.

Larger arches definitely look and flow smoother with more channels and lights dedicated to them, smaller arches can work out just as well with as little as 3 channels.

So depending on how you construct them and the size of your arches and the light count on the strings you use would be the best place to figure out your channel count for what you want to do.

5 channels should look fine as long as your arches are set up that way.

Orville wrote:

Jake, I really think that depends on the size of the Arch(es) you create, the light count on your strings and the arch(es) construction.

Larger arches definitely look and flow smoother with more channels and lights dedicated to them, smaller arches can work out just as well with as little as 3 channels.

So depending on how you construct them and the size of your arches and the light count on the strings you use would be the best place to figure out your channel count for what you want to do.

5 channels should look fine as long as your arches are set up that way.

How would you suggest doing so it turns out the best way possible?

I have used 5 Channel arches for a few years I think they look good. Although I am changing them to 7 channel for next year. I have this years videos on youtube but not our website yet if u care to take a look.

goslow5 wrote:

Well I figured out that I can do either 3 arches with 7 channels or 4 arches with 5 channels. Which one would look better?

Again maybe depends upon the length of arch. If 10', then either may be ok, but I prefer 7-channel arches. I have 3. I prefer quality over quantity.

I would make a prototype and see what you like. easy to modify a 5 to a 7 if you use a sleeve technique--would just have to short the sleeves a little more and add 2 more.

I have 5 channel arches and I think they look real good. I use 10' length with a little off each side so the lights are not toughing the ground. Here is a video of this years display so you can see how they look.

Guest Don Gillespie

I use 7 channel arches for the simple fact the fourth sleeve is always at the top of my arch so if I want to stop the arch at the top they all look symetrical. and I also use the sleeve method.

I have the same question for both Don and Musicman. I had 5 channel poles this year and planning to make them 7 channel along with 3 arches with 7 channels each adding this year.

Guest Don Gillespie

jer75 wrote:

Sorry to jump in on this thread ,but Don how many lights do you have per sleeve and what is the sleeve length.
thanks
Jerry

Jerry my sleeves are 16 inches in length and are wrapped with 100 count minis sorry about the slow response sent from my I phone

I don't use sleeves on mine, but mine are 200 lights per channel. If I make more, I would use sleeves for ease of use and repairing and such. Not positive on the measurement either. If you want to know I'll have to measure tomorrow when we take the display down. Can't believe it's that time already.