Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Purchases for 2012

jalexander

I bought a bunch of those only for retail because I was afraid they wouldn't have any more.. they worked real good for me. I make arches out of em' Warm white added another depth of color in front of my cool white Mega Tree..

I was just at my local Home Depot and saw that on Jan 1st, whatever Christmas stuff that's left, goes at %75 off. From what I saw at this one, they had quite a bunch of LED lights leftover and some incandescent. FYI for all.

75% that Great!! If there is anything left. I was at ACO today. Tons of stuff but they are only at 30% off till Dec 31ts. I asked the guy if the will be 50% or better in Jan. He said now they will remain the same and pack up whatever they don't sell. Not sure if he was telling the truth or not. Anyway I just had to buy some green icans when I was there. Bought 5 boxes of 300ct for $9.09. I guess that is ok. I figured I was going to pay $3 for 100ct from plasmadrive
But he sold out so its the same price minus shipping. Plus I count find any green around me before christmas.

p.s. I was trying to buy the GE g-35 cardboard display board it had 15 g-35 and 5 icecles figure I cound add them on to what I have now. Had it in my hands then the last minute the manage change his mind and said they had to save it for next yaer.

dgrant wrote:

Target put theirs on sale today at %70 off

I wish I seen that sooner. I went to 3 different Target stores after I seen your post. I swear they pack up all the lights. none of the store had anything for lights.

At 50% I had got some good deals at target on ican 350ct for $5.00 on white wire.

Yeah, I was there on the 1st and there was a lot of people picking through. I went back yesterday and there was next to nothing left at all. Sorry, when I posted, I had just found out. Just in the past week, I've bought 84 more strings which are mostly LED. I bought 18 small incan sets of 100 lights each so that I can try to do two arches but of course, I'll need more controllers for those. But, only paying $0.74 each box, no problem.

In my area the problem was most of the large stores were very low on supply when everything went 50% off and almost completely out yesterday. I found some LED strings I liked at Walgreens and you know they have a store on almost every corner so I hit 10 stores yesterday. I bought about 36 boxes of C6 white leds, 4 boxes C6 red leds, 28 boxes of M5 style leds, and 11 boxes of C9 leds. All boxes were $2.79/box with 50 leds each except the C9's which were $2.59/box with 25 leds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello new to all this and just wondering if has anybody has run into any trouble ordering from magic in the sky through the google checkout. Never seen google check out before and want to make sure everything is ligit before I order on Friday.

welder_man12 wrote:

Hello new to all this and just wondering if has anybody has run into any trouble ordering from magic in the sky through the google checkout. Never seen google check out before and want to make sure everything is ligit before I order on Friday.

Google has given me many problems. It's why I closed my account on YouTube when they went to Google, I could no longer log in, no matter how my internet settings were set, I couldn't log in. So anyone that uses Google for anything I will cancel as soon as I hit a "Google" required page, I just can't use it, can't check out, can't do anything.

Google tells me to turn on all cookies, they were on, but Google says they aren't and keeps asking me to turn them on, THEY WERE ON!

Now I won't turn them on period, and I won't use anything Google related until they get smart enough to comprehend I am NOT going to allow every advertsing cookie on my system they want to toss out. I've gotten hit with several TROJANS from Google sites from the "pop up" and "HIDDEN cookies" that Google wants you to allow to be thrown at you.

So just beware, Google IS NOT cracked up to what their claims are.

I will be dealing with MitS via a PHONE CALL for PAYMENT and E-MAILS for information. But I can't check out there because Google absolutely won't allow me to do it.