Light-O-Rama Forums

overloaded a strand... and problems... HELP Please!

rlalbright

So my wife informed me that one of the channels was staying on throughout the show, it would brighten when it was suppose to, but it would never go off. So I open up my hardware utility to start some checking, and do a scan of my 5 controllers, only 4 of them came up (not the one that had the weird light issue). So I go over and check it out, and one of my vampire plugs had melted and the end of the wire was charred and had come off of the vampire plug!! :shock::shock::shock: I immediately removed power to the controller and unplugged the single strand of minis plugged into that channel. I know I wasn't overloading the channel because there was only a single strand of 100 count minis on that channel. I cut back the wire past where the charred bits were, put a new vampire plug on, and tested the strand, it still works (Thank goodness because it was on an arch). However my plug for the controller was a little melted near the ground end of the plug. This also blew the fuse on side 9-16 of this controller.:(

So a few questions for you all, where can I get replacement fuses for the CTB16PC controllers, and how can I fix a channel that will not turn off ever (stays on at about 30% constantly).

Thanks for your help.

Russell