Light-O-Rama Forums

Other uses for LOR controllers?

tjschroeder17

Landscape lighting. This year a couple of my controllers will be portable so it will be much easier for testing and tweaking my sequencing. My son plans to move out sometime soon, which will free up space in my garage and house for setting up props to work on. I also do some lighting for other holidays; Valentines, St Pat's, Fourth, Halloween.

I use an iDMX controller to light my house all year long. I have some RGB flood lights that are set to change the color of my house every day, and I have them show red, white and blue for patriotic holidays, green for St Patricks day, red/pink for Valentines Day, etc etc.

D.T.

Not exactly "other use", but I will be using my LOR controllers for my everyday landscape lighting. OK, I'm weird, but I'm up to almost 60 channels for lightscaping in my front yard.

I did not buy my LOR controllers to do a show. I intended to only use them for lightscaping - however, the but is biting so I may well do a show next year. I have been collecting stuff (will be buying a bunch of lights in after Christmas sales) and have 104 channels of controller in a combination of AC, DC, and Servo Dogs. I'm currently having to make the decisions (and convince my wife) about a show next year as I will order a bunch of lights from CDI in the pre-sale if I'm going to plan on doing a show next year.

I use mine as a location marker. When I'm digging through the roughneck tubs in the basement and find the one with the LOR controller, I know that the other tubs with the extension cords, lights, and yard anchors can't be far behind!