Light-O-Rama Forums

3 Channels Stay on, Same Song, Same Time each night

thevikester

I have a song where 1 channel will stay on for awhile, then go off, on one controller, and then on another controller, 2 channels come on, and stay on for awhile and go off. I thought, I did something happen to the sequence, because it is literally the same time in the song, each time it plays, but its not the sequence....suggestions? I did a restart of the computer, but that did nothing. Tonite when I get home I'm going to do a small change in the sequence, resave it, and see if that does anything. Does anyone else have any "troubleshooting" advice? Thx

shfr26 wrote:

Have you run the verifier to see if it shows any conflicts?

Question on Verifier...how can you run the verifier for a specific song?

thevikester wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Have you run the verifier to see if it shows any conflicts?

Question on Verifier...how can you run the verifier for a specific song?

I haven't had an issue in 3 years, so I'm not sure what exactly the verifier does.. I know it checks for conflicts, and I would guess it does it for all songs in a show? ANd then shows any conflicts for all songs?

Also check to make sure you don't have a low intensity setting at these points in the songs. I like to set it to display fades as ramps and then increase the row height so that I can easily spot any super low values. They'll appear as a thin line at the bottom of the cell.

What can easily happen when you're sequencing a song is that you had a fade in one area and then decided to get rid of it but accidentally missed the very beginning or end of the fade. Depending on what you do from that point on -- such as deleting a timing -- can cause the fragment left over to spread. Then, depending on the capabilities of your light string these super low intensity settings can cause the strand to visibly light when the show plays.

Its incandescents, and they are on full bore...its a 96 string Mega tree, and those strings stick out like a sore thumb. The length of time they stay on is anywhere from 20-30 seconds, so would be very easy to peg them reviewing the sequence, because no other lights are on at that time, but as the sequence changes and channels start spinning, the strings go out, but odd that its at the exact same time in the song...if they were low intensity, I think the fade thing would make sense, but they are definitely bright

The verifier will take about 2 minutes to run, it will show you any problems that are there. I try to run it every 2-3 days just to make sure all is good. If there are any problems it will tell you what they are and in what sequence it is.

Definitely agree with Pete, run the verifier. If the sequence was previously working, it would point towards a possible controller reset being needed.

If its been a problem since day 1 of the sequence running, its possible you have some sort of channel conflict.

The problem started about a week ago, so had a good 10 days of no issues, and then bamm! SO if I need a reset, the verifier will let me know this?

shfr26 wrote:

No, it will only show you any problems in the sequences you are using.

Okay..so i will run the verifier, look for "conflicts", if I see nothing that sticks out inregards to my issue, perhaps a couple of controller resets is in order. And I will go from there...thanks guys!

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Did you do any work on that sequence and then you start seeing the issue reported?

Nope...didn't do anything to the sequence, it just came out of the blue.