Light-O-Rama Forums

Exporting show problem

Buck40y

I have tried several ways and can't seem to figure out how to export a show using a flash drive. The computer I want to run the show from doesn't have an SD slot. I have the program loaded on both laptops (3.1.2 on the writing laptop, and 2.9.4 on the running laptop). Do I have to have the same version on both laptops?

Thanks!

IMHO, it is easier to move the sequence and media files to the show computer and build your show on that PC. However, you might run into an issue using S3 files on an S2 installation.

If you have any groups in your sequences, they sequences likely will not work on 2.9.4.

Also, I always prefer to move just my audio files and .lms files from my sequencing PC to my show PC. Then open them on the show PC, make sure the audio is linked properly, and save locally. Then build the show locally.

Thank you both for the prompt reply. I think I will do both...update the version on the show PC and move the .lms and audio files. That was going to be my next question... what file extensions to move. I never quite got the combination right.

Thanks again, and happy shows!!!:)

I use a flash drive with alwayssync-n-go to keep my programming computer and my show computer synced up. It is important to make sure to setup the file directory on both to identical locations. I haven't had a problem this year doing all work on the programming computer. In prior years I did as everyone else has suggested by programming the show on the show computer.