Light-O-Rama Forums

Virus Scanner Issues

alaskastudio

I am running LOR 3.1.4. and when ever I try to open the sequence editor I get the following error:

Component 'vbalDTab6.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Then my antivirus scanner (AVG Free) pops up with a detected threat with the following:

File name: c:WindowsSystem32vbalDTab6.ocx
Threat name: Trojan horse Generic26.AIZU
Detected on open
Process name: C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaLORSequenceEditor.exe
Process ID: 6604

Any ideas? Currently I turned off AVG, uninstalled LOR (would let me uninstall with AVG on), and am running a full system scan. Once it is done I will reinstall LOR and post back. My guess is since this computer is only used for LOR that it has something to do with the behavior of the LOR file with the newest AVG virus definitions.

Yup, I disabled AVG, uninstalled LOR, ran a full scan, disabled AVG again, reinstalled LOR, turned AVG back on, and still the same error. Will only work with AVG turned off.

You need to add the file as an exception in the resident shield. You may need to reinstall LOR if the file was already quarantined.

Please go to Tools at the very top of your AVG Program and click Advanced Settings -> at the left panel go to Anti Virus -> Resident shield -> Exceptions.

Then click on File and go to Windows/SysWOW64 and the culprit vbalDTab6.ocx

The same thing started happening to me???? I've had 3.1.4 running since it came out then all of a sudden the virus warning came up and LOR won't run anymore....very strange

No need to uninstall virus checker at fault. Put file in my exception list and still doing the same when scanning. It is happening everyday or time it scans the computer

Currently using AVG talk to htem on phone looking for fix.

Very frustated with their online support.

Denis