Light-O-Rama Forums

No lights!!!!

thepamf

Ok so we got all of the lights running in the hardware utility fine. it is running out of comm port 3. In the sequence editor the network preferences is set to comm port 3. The little box in the bottom right is blue and we create a sequence and.... NO LIGHTS!!!!! we have tried everything... any more suggestions?? this is week 2 and we are frustrated now.

Ah, do you have more than one program loaded at a time? Do not have the control panel loaded and try to have the seq. editor running also. Also you can not have the HWU running with any of the others programs or visa, versa.
If you want to run from the seq. editor. Make sure that one of the drop down menus has "run light" or something to that effect checked.
Once you have several sequences made(and I hope you used the default file folders when installing the program). Now make sure you close the seq. ed. program. Load the control panel and try again the show builder.

not more than one program is running at a time. everything is going right and when you hit play it plays music but no lights. Is sequence editor the only program to play a show? It is my understanding you create sequences and then open show builder to combine sequences into shows and then use schedule editor to schedule when to play shows. I did all of that and created shows and still no light. even if i turn every channel on for the entire song. no light.

The sequence editor is not where you play a show.
Look at this guide on building and scheduling a show.

Guide

What does the status box say? Posting a pic of the status will help posters understand your problem.

Status.jpg

Im no pro and just learning myself but heres my experience with setting my operation up:

My CPU has been finicky with LOR (I blame my windows 7) I did same as you tested lights in LOR hardware, everything worked. Then I built a sequence, added it to a show and scheduled it. When time came to show I had music no lights. So I spent about an hour testing power supply, plugs, connections, etc.

It ended up being some sort of glitch on my CPU or LOR program. Reset CPU and enabled show - voila! Lights & music.

So just to help you along if you don't have it - you build a sequence in editor - make sure you save it in sequence folder - then go to show builder, click the musical tab (this caused confusion for me because I was on animated tab...) then click the "+" sign and add a .LMS file (musical sequence) then save the show.

Now you goto scheduler and click the ADD button at top and browse files to find your show and schedule time and day you want your display to run.

Once you've done this close down all LOR programs, I ctrl+alt+delete to run task manager to be certain. Then if your LOR control panel is not running start it (again this caused confusion for me as my control panel likes to hide at the bottom of my screen next to the time & date there is a little window you have to click on to display the programs that are running but for whatever reason don't reside directly on task bar). Then right click the LOR lightbulb and enable show.

once I got my schedule successfully running i left the CPU alone and make sure nobody touches it and it has run smoothly so far since...

I hope this helps. Good luck & merry christmas!

-Champ

5:02:35 PM: Show Player starting
5:02:35 PM: Schedule loaded
5:02:35 PM: Initializing LOR networks
5:02:35 PM: LOR networks initialized
5:02:39 PM: Show Player initialized
5:02:57 PM: Graceful shutdown requested
5:02:57 PM: Show Player shutting down
6:06:48 PM: Show Player starting
6:06:48 PM: Schedule loaded
6:06:48 PM: Initializing LOR networks
6:06:48 PM: LOR networks initialized
6:06:52 PM: Show Player initialized
6:11:52 PM: Graceful shutdown requested
6:11:52 PM: Show Player shutting down
6:21:10 PM: Show Player starting
6:21:10 PM: Schedule loaded
6:21:10 PM: Initializing LOR networks
6:21:10 PM: LOR networks initialized
6:21:14 PM: Show Player initialized
8:08:09 PM: Schedule loaded
8:08:19 PM: Schedule loaded
8:10:00 PM: Starting show: C:UsersMattDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesringxmashow.lss
8:10:00 PM: Loading sequence: C:UsersMattDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesring christmas bells.lms
8:10:00 PM: Starting Musical: C:UsersMattDocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesring christmas bells.lms

So I put the sequence into a show and then scheduled teh show and it just played. The music is playing but no lights. the box has a solid green led and the show started itself. I am at a loss. It must be something small that I am missing. I keep going over everything though. arg.

Make sure all LOR programs besides control panel are off and if that doesn't fix it try restarting your computer and checking your USB plug. Did you install your USB software?

Ok so we got all of the lights running in the hardware utility fine. it is running out of comm port 3. In the sequence editor the network preferences is set to comm port 3.

This suggests that the usb adapter is fine, drivers installed, ID is assigned, etc...so LOR can talk to the controller, that should be fine.

Few thoughts..

1. if you can't control lights via the sequence editor, would hold off putting it all in a show for the moment. Get it working manaually in the SE first. Close (unload LOR) the control panel, and just use the sequence editor.

2. Do you have all of your channel configs created? You need to assign each element you created in the SE to a channel in your controller. Right click on the element name to see the assignments, and/or see them all under Tools->channel configuration.

3. Recommend using one controller, creating a simple sequence, and testing. Keep it very simple for now. You may even want to create just an animation sequence and not worry about the music file for the moment.

3. can you post one of your sequences you've been trying to get to work? Attach the lms or las file, and your lcc file, to a reply post.

Just a gut feel, but I'm betting you don't have any channels configured, so the SE is sending commands to non-existent controllers.