Light-O-Rama Forums

All I Want For Christmas

andyzito

Holy Crap.. Andy thanks for spending the time with me on the phone.. Your CCR is going to kill me.. I know my wife will.. LOL I will be in Madison starting Tonight and leave out Sat morning if you are over that way.
Jeff

Great show. The amazing thing is that your 6 CCRs look as good as the 12 CCR displays I have seen. What do you fasten your CCRs to?

I used a steel wire frame. I think its 18 gauge wire .... i get it at Lowes real cheap. the problem is that naturally its really coiled and easily loses its shape. My secret is to take 2 lengths of the stuff as long as i need plus about 1 extra foot for every 10 feet. So if i need a 20 foot piece, i take (2) 22' pieces. Then tie off one end to something strong (I use the track of my garage door.) Put the other 2 ends in the end of my drill. Stand back far enough that there is no slack and use the drill to twist up the wire real good. Makes a perfectly straight, extremely strong (like 800lbs) flexible, formable, truely wonderful material to bind stuff to. I love the stuff. I use it for everything. I made the flag substructure out of it at the 4th, and the 20' spider web out of it at Halloween. Let me know if you need pics or if that description was enough.

I'll snap some tonight. The wire is made into a grid. One strand down each side, one down the middle...like in the shape of an xmas tree. Then every 3 feet, there is a horizontal strand. So it's like a big semi-rigid, semi flexible structure. It moves in high wind... but it moves as one piece. Then the CCRs are very VERY delicately wire tied to each cross strand.... tied at the cut point, not at the electronic components.

• The topic was locked