Light-O-Rama Forums

All I Want For Christmas

andyzito

So the first song I ever did, 3 years ago, was Mariah - All I Want For Christmas (with 16 channels). I redid it for 2011. I put up a sign that said "Mariah Is Back" - the attached pic is the resulting crowd. You can't see it, but that crowd wraps all the way around the other side like 10 deep. It was nuts.

The video link is below:

Attached files 294527=16252-Mariah_2.jpg

Excuse me while i tuck my jaw back up! Your display is amazing! I'm in sheer awe at the time it took you to program it, set it up and make a sheer awe factor! I love your CCR Tree. I think I need to research these and see what I can do with them! Stupendous!!!

Thanks - Honestly, i've gotten more compliments on those ribbons.

My advice is this - they didn't give me much impact running along the roofline at Halloween. You can accomplish that much less expensively with regular RGB strip. They made a HUGE impact when matrix'd together like that. If you are going to do it, get enough to have a few next to each other...AND take the time to learn to draw on them and use superstar. In other words, don't do them half assed - you'll just waste $. THanks for the kind words...

very nice. im with goofy (man that doesnt seem right to tpye that in a forum...lol) but if i keep seeing all of this great CCR work, might have to shell out more $$ next year and finally add many more of them!

thanks for sharing.+

WOW! Excellent set up and amazing sequencing. I love the CCR tree and the way you spelled out words, made a fire, miseltoe, etc. That's definitely going to cost me some $$. Also, thanks for the information on the impact difference of CCRs on roofline for your Halloween display. I'm already designing my Halloween/Christmas displays for next year. I'm planning to put "dumb" RGB strips on the vertical lines of my house. CCRs may be added 2013 - it's a money thing.

I'm gonna feel sorry for LOR when it comes time to start judging this years contests. A lot of new members and quite a few awesome displays. I haven't been able to keep up with all the video postings.