Light-O-Rama Forums

Half my lights are out!! Help!

bpenning

Ok I have been running my show with 2 songs for the last 3 days. Tonight when I turned it on everything was working including the FM transmitter, music - but half of the lights are not turning on. When I run the hardware test they will not come on either. It has not rained - none of the plugs or wiring have changed. I am lost! I have shut down the computer and restarted things but it is not helped!!

One controller? Is it channels 1-8?

Your probably not getting power to that side of the controller. Either the fuse has blown, or that side has come unplugged.

bpenning wrote:

it is plugged in - I am stupid - doing this without my husband! where is the fuse I need to check. It is the 16 chanel it does appear to be chanels 1-8.
:shock:

You are not stupid.

I'm going to guess this is the plastic enclosure. Open it up and look on the lower left side of the controller. The fuse is there, covered with a plastic protective cover (blue, I think.)

Ok - I found 2 fuses under clear plastic caps. they are both white so I can not see inside them. I do have a green flashing light in the upper left hand corner of the box when it is plugged in.

not until around 8:00 pm, but if you plug both plus into the outlet you know has power and it makes the lights work than you will know it is the circuit, if no lights then most likley the fuse,but 9-16 will still work. if the light do come on don't run them too long, I don't know the load you will have with both sides

Probably stating the obvious, but PLEASE, unplug both power cables on the controller before removing those plastic covers or messing with the fuses. Those connections are 110-120 AC live.