Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC NO POWER

klomneck

One of my new ctb16pc's stopped working this evening. It is getting power and I checked the fuses. Power is getting through the fuses but there is no led light on. Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is pretty important unit to the show. Thanks in advance, Kevin

I probed all that I thought were coming out of it. Incase I am not probing the correct spots, where should I be doing it?

You said that it was previously working and that it just suddenly stopped?

You said that you checked the fuses, guessing that you ohm'd them out?

Is this a board that is prebuilt, or did you build it?

1 power cord or 2?

2 power cords, it is one of LOR's new boards that was assembled by them. Yes, it has been working since Nov. 25th and noticed one night that it was not working. Did not ohm the fuses because both sides of the fuse terminals had 110 volts.

Just throwing ideas at ya. Start simple and work your way to the harder stuff.

I've had a GFCI blow. I reset it and walked over to the controller (about 20ft) and it blew again (I didn't realize it). I didn't think to check it again, since I just checked it. I torn the controller apart before I realized it had blown again.

I was having the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I checked in coming voltage and all was good or so I thought. It turned out to be a bad common on one of my extension cords and when I checked for voltage I just happened to use the good common to check voltage for both fuses. The following day I changed out the controller and still had the same problem. Upon more voltage testing I figured out what was going on. From now on I will always use associated hot and commons.

I had close to the same symptoms with a 2 power cord controller, and I found they were on seperate phases coming from the breaker panel.

Once they were on same phase, it worked like it should.

If you're unsure of different phases, put your meter on 300v or higher and measure from hot on one cord to hot on another cord; 240 volts means different phases and zero volts means same phases. FYI

Unhooked it and brought it in to the garage. Bench tested it with the same results. Phase is not a problem and cord is not the problem because on the bench, both plugs are on the same power strip. I am running out of ideas and I guess LOR techs are really busy right now. I had 7 available sockets in my other boards, but still I am 8 short. If I can't figure it out today, I will take down the unused trees. Thanks again for all the brainstorming.