Light-O-Rama Forums

Servo Dog lost firm ware

ken collins

Friday, I noted out animatronic was acting up. Sooo, Sat, I went out and checked the servo dog, and found it was flashing in bootloader. I brought it in and re-loaded the firmware, and re-installed it in the network. It went right back into flashing bootloader. I gave it a little salute, and started running a sequence, which would run for a while, then the lights would shut off and the audio would continue playing.
Servo dog is the first controller in the network. Were running 18 controllers on net normal, and 10 ccr's spread out on net a and b. When the show froze, I noted the controllers had lost comm's. Repeated try running different sequences brings the same results. I haven't pulled the servo dog out of the network and tested yet, just wondering if that would cause the problem and why its loosing its firmware.

It is possible that the controller is trying to send something on the network at the wrong time, though rather unlikely. But it could interfere with the rest of the controllers. It is probably not why it is loosing firmware though..

Update: Removed the servo dog from the network, and have ran the show for 2 hours without freezing. If all goes well, after I run the show tonight, I'll try flashing the firmware to the servo dog again and see what happens.