Light-O-Rama Forums

It's A Sure Bet

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

I'm going MIA until after the first of the year. I can't say the way I really feel so it's best I slip away.

One sure bet! Synchronized Christmas Lights maybe returning. And, I dare some to join that forum with the attitudes I've seen lately.

Seriously... take some time away from *all* forums and just concentrate on real life for a while. It'll do you some good.

I have a few hobbies and I find *all* forums get this way from time to time. Taking a step back makes you realize one of two things usually... either you miss the place or you don't. I have dropped off the face of many forums simply because it was time to move on.

I have a feeling you'll be back but in case you do move on I just want to thank you for the 4 years of answers/posts that I've been around for.

-Jeff F.

Don't give up hope. Things will calm down after the season is over. I look forward to getting more advice and ideas from all of you for next year.

I have to admit after being bullied on the PC site, I'm now a troll there. Haven't posted since.
I was bullied because I made a stupid comment to one of the folks in what I like to call "The Inner Circle". But I'm smart enough to understand that it was my own fault. Some of those folks are relentless in their attacks. PC is not vendor specific like this forum. Things that happen here relate directly to LOR.

Like anything else that you do, things are going to take their toll. It's going to happen from time to time. The best thing to do is to take a break.
I hope that all of you "taking a break" will stick around and continue giving us newbies the great advice that you've provided to all of us in the past.

wbottomley wrote:

I'm going MIA until after the first of the year. I can't say the way I really feel so it's best I slip away.

One sure bet! Synchronized Christmas Lights maybe returning. And, I dare some to join that forum with the attitudes I've seen lately.

We'll miss you. Merry Christmas, William

Good luck taking time off from the forums. If i'm even half the nuts you guys are...you won't go far.

I'm thankful for you guys but thats coming from a newbie that will do this till i die. if you don't believe me ask my wife. when i do something i go all out. I try to be the best at everything or atleast tell myself i can be.

It takes a SPECIAL kind of person to continue this hobby. I'm sure come Jan. 90% of the idoits that started last mminute won't be on here anymore. I understand how you must feel. I'm sick of reading the transmitter questions already.

This maybe my first year and i know i made some dumb post along the way but i did start following the forum around Feb. NOT November...

Best of luck to your time off.

PS STOP ignoring ME!!!!

wbottomley wrote:

I'm with you Willie. Times, they are a changin' around here, and it just doesn't feel like the same place I came to know and love. Must be George Bush's fault...

Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy the new regime.

I'm sorry you all feel this way. I have learned so much from all of you (William, George, Evan, Rescue, etc.) and hate to see you leave. Although I don't always like what is said on the forum--on either side sometimes--I love to read the forums anyway. It gives me ideas, help, information, etc. every day.

THANKS again to all of you. I hope you come back soon. We need you!

George Simmons Wrote

I'm with you Willie. Times, they are a changin' around here, and it just doesn't feel like the same place I came to know and love. Must be George Bush's fault...

Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy the new regime.

I have to agree as well William....Rude replies to post's are not a welcome site. If you have nothing intelligent to say then don't say anything at all. I have lost respect for some of our forum members..it really is not the same.

wbottomley wrote:

Agreed...It certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand your feelings after taking a good look at your post. Hope you change your mind...you have been a great inspiration to a good many of us!

i guess i have not been on to see all the recent problems but i will sure miss all the suggestions and great information that you all provide i will be glad when you return i also wish to thank you for all the great advise, please have a wonderful Christmas

Dale W wrote:

what....this is the third time you came to tell us you are leaving? Leave already. Go Home!:shock:

I hope you were just messing around.

David Rise wrote:

Dale W wrote:
what....this is the third time you came to tell us you are leaving? Leave already. Go Home!:shock:

When have we ever known Dale to not be messing around? Well, he does stop to stir the pot sometimes :D

rwertz wrote:

David Rise wrote:
Dale W wrote:

When have we ever known Dale to not be messing around? Well, he does stop to stir the pot sometimes :P

LMAO!

David Rise wrote:

rwertz wrote:
David Rise wrote:
Dale W wrote:

When have we ever known Dale to not be messing around? Well, he does stop to stir the pot sometimes :P

LMAO!

I sneak one in occasionally just to keep you guys guessing.

Dale J wrote:

i guess i have not been on to see all the recent problems but i will sure miss all the suggestions and great information that you all provide i will be glad when you return i also wish to thank you for all the great advise, please have a wonderful Christmas

Dale J you up n running?