Light-O-Rama Forums

Gen 3 and Standalone sequence problem

smitty77

I have a big tree with 99 channels spread out between 3 colors and I cant get the sequence to work quite right. Sometimes the sequence works perfectly and sometimes several channels will not turn on or off at the correct time, it usually only affects 1-4 channels but at times it will not work for half the tree. I checked the sequence several times so I know its not an issue with it and when I run the sequence from the computer it works perfectly. The only time it acts funny is when its in standalone mode, weird thing is I changed which box held the standalone sequence several times and with each new box it affected a different set of channels still only 1-4 usually. I dont really want to have to dedicate a laptop to the display so I was wondering if anyone had any problems similar to mine and knows how to rectify the issue.

Whats the limit of the stand-alone sequence memory, versus the size of your sequence? 99 channels is a lot of commands in a short time..

Try a smaller sequence and load it up, if that works, then that would seem to confirm.

It's not the size of the sequence, but the number of commands, I think total on a standalone sequence is about 5000 if I remember correctly. You can check the manual to be sure.

bisquit476 wrote:

It's not the size of the sequence, but the number of commands, I think total on a standalone sequence is about 5000 if I remember correctly. You can check the manual to be sure.

Yep! The manual states that the capacity is about 5,000.