Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Intensity affected by Color Choice?!

David Barnett

Hey folks, workin on a seq. OK, I'm using the color fade tool. I want the inital part to be green. (trying to create sort of a VU meter affect with red and green).

OK, in the color picker, I select the first dark green color, the one next after the lime green looking color.

Ok, it places them in the cells i want, but, when I check the intensity, it shows at 50%!

Is this normal? The darker the color the less intensity? I don't recall reading that in the manual.

Now if I open up the RGB channels and manually set the int. to 100%, the green turns to that brighter lime green color. Looks a little strange when compared to the other green LED's I have in the display.

Also, I'll review the Macro section again; but using them, it's Ok to have a color fade on the channels, provided I'm not using any color Macros?

any Help appreciated.

Best,

David

Are you using the color in the 3 column, 4th row down? If so, go to the color picker tool and choose that color. Red-0, Green-128,Blue-0 is how the color is "built". 255 is the maximum, so if you do the math 128/255 you get 50%.

CCR intensity is affected by color choice, because that's the way the CCR makes the different colors. Look at the color in the last column, 3rd row down. Red -255, Green 0, Blue 128. If you put that in a cell, it will read out Red 100%, Green 0%, Blue 50%.

Hope that helps.

That's how they work. You can do a color fade on the RGB channels. Using the color picker, you can fade to/from black (or any other color).

Thanks guys. Looks like I have some more understanding to do on these things. For right now, i'll jsut use my Lime Green. although I beleive the darker green would look better w/ the rest of the light colors. But with Int. of 50% may be too noticable.

Best,
David

• The topic was locked