Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Monitor error

Sillypins

Ive been having my share of problems this year with LOR both software and hardware. I have a little of just about every issue going on right now, including the sticking channels, A very confused network some nights, and the show just stopping for the fun of it with the "LOR Monitor" stopped working error.

I updated to 3.1.4 as that should be the answer - and it was until tonight where out of the blue "LOR Monitor" stopped working and shut down the show.

My only conclusion - which makes no sense - is that the CCR's are to blame - I (Again- having problems with them first in the actual control boxes, now just all white strips all the time unless I push/pinch the chips) - I unplugged them tonight before the show but still on the network -

Is this a possible cause for the "LOR Monitor stopped" error?

Dazed and confused!!!

I kind of doubt having CCRs hooked up is the issue.

Could you please run the Verifier, and let me (bob@lightorama.com) know what it outputs?

Did the LOR status window show anything when LOR Monitor had died?

What operating system are you using?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I would also try Windows Update, and updating Windows Media Player:

For Windows Update: Close all running programs, including LOR programs, including the LOR Control Panel (which is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray). You can close the LOR Control Panel by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

Tell Windows Update to check for updates, and then tell it to install all that it finds. When it is done (and after you have rebooted, if it told you to), go back into Windows Update again, and tell it to check for updates again. If it finds any, tell it to install them all. Keep repeating this over and over until it finally tells you that it can't find any updates.

For Windows Media Player, update to the latest version that is applicable for your operating system. I would do this even if you already have the latest installed - sometimes reinstalling it clears up strange issues with it.

I too am having this "LORmonitor.exe" error/crash. Somedays it works fine some days it will crash 4 times a night. Very aggravating.

Below is a video of what it looks like sometimes after it crashes. It looks like it is stuck in some kind of loop. Other times it just crashes once. I updated to 3.1.4 hoping that that would fix it. It worked last night perfect, tonight it has crashed twice so far.

(I just uploaded it. May take a while to process)

Carey

I have this same problem, except using Windows 7 it looks a little different because of how the taskbar looks. But aside from that - same issue. And it happens for no reason whatsoever. The only way to resolve is to unload light-o-rama and restart the control panel.

Serious pain in the...

I'm still having this same problem. Windows declares that the LOR Monitor stopped working, the Listener is doing its usual window back and forth dance and the entire sequence comes to a screeching halt.

The only consistency is that it happens at the same point of the sequence every time.
(About 3 seconds in)

I've disabled compressed sequences - same problem, no change.

And the most frustrating thing is that everything will be running fine for DAYS, and then I'll catch a night where it crashes every few shows.

My media file is a video - so I'm wondering if it has something to do with memory availability - but the machine has 3GB RAM, which should be plenty.

The computer isn't running ANYTHING else in the background. It's stripped down to nothing but LOR. It's a brand-new computer running Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm so frustrated that I can't see straight. I need a solution.

Tonight I ran the "REPAIR" option of LOR from the add/remove programs and we'll see how that goes.

HELP!

Ryan

Absolutely 100% positive I'm on 3.1.4. It's the only version of the software that's ever been installed on this machine. It was a new computer - with a fresh 3.1.4 install.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that it's possible that it could be related to noise on the line (one or more of the cables to your DMX adapters or to your LOR adapters). Perhaps try the following:

• Use a better shielded USB cable.
  • Use ferrite beads on the cable. If you're already using ferrite beads, use better ferrite beads.
  • Isolate the cable as best you can from any potential external sources of electromagnetism (other cables, wires, motors, fans, monitors, whatever).
  • Try using a different USB port, especially one that's directly on your motherboard.

• 10 months later...

I see this topic is a year old but I have the problem this year. I have tried everything under the sun. Has there been a known good fix for this? I have tried different software versions, updating drivers, turning off screen saver, cleaning my registerys and more. I am running vista with the the lor provided 10 foot cat 5 cable and adapter. I am running a gen3 controller that I just purchased last month. This problem has surely been addressed by LOR by now. Running a sequence from sequence editor will run with no problem but running a show is where I have the problem.

Edited by butlerlj