Light-O-Rama Forums

Rock steady display suddenly very rocky

Denise Brunner

This is my forth year with LOR display. Past three years up till two nights ago, my display, sequence & lights have been just as programed. Two nights ago I notice some strange lighting events. Next day went out there and made sure ALL control wires did not go parallel with power cords, even used di-electric grease on possible exposed Cat 5 connections. When through all my sequences to make sure I had no errors in my programs. All seemed good ! But I still had this glitch or two here and there. Tonight I found out why. The power cord on one of my arches was arching in the three way adapter I had it in and the only way I knew it was because it was one molded of "clear" plastic so I could see it. I was only drawn to it because I noticed one of the arches was a little dim. I went to look why it was dim and found the arching. The interference that must caused both on the power line and on the control line had to be great. Now it appears all is good..... I hope !! Merry Christmas all

I hope a lot of newbies read this post.

Its not always the controller hardware, or LOR software.

Its what meant by "checking connections" when that advice is given..cat-5..dongles..extension cords...and, as Denise explains, three way adapters.

She also, even though I'm sure she was very confident this was not a sequence issue, double-checked that side of things also.

All good insight and advice.

So how far did the 3-way adapter get pitched?..Next county?.:P:D

lets just say I was real pissed that it happened but very glad to have found the problem. With 20 controllers, I was ready to start resetting them and then updating firmware. The bast**d is sitting at the bottom of a garbage can in solitary confinement, with its p**** cut off !! (keep the mind clean, I was referring to its plugs)

problems not totally solved. Still getting a channel hanging up here and there... need to dig further tomorrow.