Light-O-Rama Forums

Extension (.) ????????????????

PAnorthpole

Guess you can tell I am a newbie!

What on earth does this mean? Attempted to downlaod a sequence and this pop up says
"The file you are atempting to play has an extension (.) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior.
Do you want the player to try to play this content?
Don't as me again for this extension (.)
Yes NO"

OK guys I am new and not looking to send a rocket into space. Just wanting to make some lights flash!
Can some one tell me what this all means and if it is ok!
Now remember you are talking to a newbie on a solo flight here, with only a few weeks of experience. So please be gentle so I can understand this stuff.

Thanks sooooooo much
PAnorthpole

PAnorthpole wrote:

Guess you can tell I am a newbie!

What on earth does this mean? Attempted to downlaod a sequence and this pop up says
"The file you are atempting to play has an extension (.) that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior.
Do you want the player to try to play this content?
Don't as me again for this extension (.)
Yes NO"

OK guys I am new and not looking to send a rocket into space. Just wanting to make some lights flash!
Can some one tell me what this all means and if it is ok!
Now remember you are talking to a newbie on a solo flight here, with only a few weeks of experience. So please be gentle so I can understand this stuff.

Thanks sooooooo much
PAnorthpole
It would help us to answer your question if you had told us what the file extension was

Previously posted the pop up shows this has the file extension (.)
No other names or symbols are shown except for the one shown above. Do I need to look further some where?
The sequence played but it seems I can't get the wave option to operate on the tool bar or view file. Also each time I return to this saved sequence the "pop up" shows the same before playing the sequence. Hate to continue editing a sequence that may fail after it is completed.
Any suggestions helpful, Could the downloaded sequence not be compatible with LOR software 3 ????

Thanks for the reply
PAnorthpole

Looks like the sound file attached to the sequence is not valid. I had that happen until I learned what it was.

I was downloading my media files from itunes, then copying the song to the audio folder and re-naming it to an .mp3 - it played fine on my PC regardless, but when the LOR software went to play it, it defaulted to windows media player which gave the exact same error you are describing.

I then took a media converter I have (Oxelon Media Converter) and converted it to 128bit, 44100rate true .mp3 and no problems after that.

Where did you get your sequences from? Did they come with audio files?

Thanks everyone for assisting me in this seemingly problem. I obtained the sequence online from another crafter who I couldn't find again to find my soul.....luck I guess or maybe not.

I have been downloading and storing my sequences in the windows media player file. Not certain if this is the proper way to do this, but it has been working for me so far....I believe, Remember I am a newbie and this was a second attempt at a sequence.

Anyway; I started a new sequence with just the use of the audio file and it seems to work fine at this point without any pop ups or nonfunctional tools.

Hopefully I have resolved the problem with this glich! I am certain I will have many more to come.

Thanks Again everyone, you have been so kind and helpful.
Happy & Safe Holidays to All
PAnorthpole

You should be using the default locations for both sequence (/MyDocuments/Light-o-rama/Sequence) and audio (MyDocuments/Light-o-rama/Audio). When you want to find the sequence to put it in the SimpleShowBuilder, there is no way to direct SSB to look for saved files in any folders but those. So to stop your next question "why can't the ShowBuilder find my files", move everything you have into those two defaults.