Light-O-Rama Forums

Mulit Colored Shows

fdeleon1970

fdeleon1970 wrote:

Hi. My first year using LOR. I love it! I was just wondering if its possible to get multi colors in my show (like Holdman) with only 16 channels. I really like the effect. I am only using 14 channels right now. I have no idea what to do with the others. I had been using only 13 until I placed flood lamps.

Please advise. :D

Fred

Hi Fred,

I am also a fan of Holdman's. I have 32 channels this year - so twice as many as you, but I have managed to get 4 colors on everything. (Holdman does three colors.) I have tried to make the most of [highlight= #ffff88]my[/highlight] channels because 32 can get used up pretty quickly.

I have done that by combining some elements of some colors and placing them on the same channel.

These two [highlight= #88ff88]sequences[/highlight] actually only use 29 channels:

Roof/gutters: 4 Channels (1W 1B 1R 1G)
Icicles: 1 Channel (1W)
Tall tree: 4 Channels (1W 1B 1R 1G)
Three clusters of 3 trees: 6 Channels (3W 1B 1R 1G)
Line of 5 trees: 14 Channels (5W 3B 3R 3G)

http://youtu.be/_5J4AFuLcUo
http://youtu.be/LrRmMFVLCOU

Using my channel configuration with 16 channels, you could do everything in my dispaly in white (except no icicles) - 10 channels - and one of the other colors, red, green, or blue - 6 channels.

I know you already have your layout for this year, but I just wanted to show you that multi colors are possible with few channels.... you just have to get creative about how to combine elements on the same channel, and still be able to do the sequencing that you would like....

Good luck, LORi

Wow Lori, that looks really good for just 32 Channels. I plan to expand to more channels next year, I want to be able to have a mega tree and do some multi colors.

I also want to do a Halloween display and make one of those talking faces!

LORi P wrote:

fdeleon1970 wrote:
Hi. My first year using LOR. I love it!  I was just wondering if its possible to get multi colors in my show (like Holdman) with only 16 channels.  I really like the effect.  I am only using 14 channels right now.  I have no idea what to do with the others.  I had been using only 13 until I placed flood lamps.

Please advise. :D

Fred

Hi Fred,

I am also a fan of Holdman's.  I have 32 channels this year - so twice as many as you, but I have managed to get 4 colors on everything.  (Holdman does three colors.)  I have tried to make the most of [highlight= #ffff88]my[/highlight] channels because 32 can get used up pretty quickly.

I have done that by combining some elements of some colors and placing them on the same channel.

These two [highlight= #88ff88]sequences[/highlight] actually only use 29 channels:

Roof/gutters: 4 Channels (1W 1B 1R 1G)
Icicles: 1 Channel (1W)
Tall tree: 4 Channels (1W 1B 1R 1G)
Three clusters of 3 trees: 6 Channels (3W 1B 1R 1G)
Line of 5 trees: 14 Channels (5W 3B 3R 3G)

http://youtu.be/_5J4AFuLcUo 
http://youtu.be/LrRmMFVLCOU

Using my channel configuration with 16 channels, you could do everything in my dispaly in white (except no icicles) - 10 channels - and one of the other colors, red, green, or blue - 6 channels.

I know you already have your layout for this year, but I just wanted to show you that multi colors are possible with few channels.... you just have to get creative about how to combine elements on the same channel, and still be able to do the sequencing that you would like....

Good luck, LORi

thanks LORi. This looks pretty straight forward...now doing it is a differnet story. Lol

Thank yo so much!

Makes my first year using 16 channels look pretty weak. I only have animation sequences using red and green lights. I am going to have to get more controllers and do musical sequences next year.

Video

KStatefan wrote:

Makes my first year using 16 channels look pretty weak. I only have animation sequences using red and green lights. I am going to have to get more controllers and do musical sequences next year.

Video

I know how you feel...lol. in due time.

I have 96 channels doing 4 colors on every element. I will be adding some 8 additional Mini-trees next year which will require 2 more controllers. I am also planning a 7 foot spiral tree which will require an additional 32 channels if I do all 4 colors.

t purser wrote:

nothing you do and do as well as you can is weak

Thank you so much for that. =o)

Still raining in San Antonio! =o(