Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches

fdeleon1970

Hi this is my first year with all of this. I really enjoy doing it. I am amazed at what of some of you can do and have done! =) I hope to be there one day.

Anyway, my question...is it possible to build smaller arches? Most of these are pretty large. My yard is not that big and I really want to incorporate these into my shows. Do they have to be 8 channels? Can they be less?

Any help or suggestions is welcome.

Fred

most have arches that are 7 to 9 channels, I used a 3/4 inch pvc schedule 40 pipe and drove rebar into the ground to make a nice small arch,

james campbell wrote:

most have arches that are 7 to 9 channels, I used a 3/4 inch pvc schedule 40 pipe and drove rebar into the ground to make a nice small arch,

How many channels are you using per arch?

I have two with four each,I like them but they can be much better. I will make them seven each next year

my (8) mini arches are only 5 channels each....

(2) fit under each of my (4) mega arches that have 9 channels each...

Attached files 292016=16134-Christmas House.jpg

One of the two shows I went to see last night had 3 small arches with only 4 channels each. The second show had 6 channel arches. From my observations, my opinion is that 6 channels is really a minimum to have them look nice - 8 would be better.

In other words, you absolutely CAN do small arches on 4 channels. If later on you want to add more controllers, you can split them into more segments. Most of these shows started and grew year by year.

jimswinder wrote:

my (8) mini arches are only 5 channels each....

(2) fit under each of my (4) mega arches that have 9 channels each...

Nice! How did you make the small arches? How small are they?

k6ccc wrote:

One of the two shows I went to see last night had 3 small arches with only 4 channels each. The second show had 6 channel arches. From my observations, my opinion is that 6 channels is really a minimum to have them look nice - 8 would be better.

In other words, you absolutely CAN do small arches on 4 channels. If later on you want to add more controllers, you can split them into more segments. Most of these shows started and grew year by year.

Cool! Where were those shows? Are there any videos of them? I think I will try and arch this year just for fun and see what it looks like.

fdeleon1970 wrote:

k6ccc wrote:

Cool! Where were those shows? Are there any videos of them? I think I will try and arch this year just for fun and see what it looks like.

Fred put your location in your profile,that way fellow posters can better help. maybe you live very close to someone and just don't know