Light-O-Rama Forums

AdjMmsEng

cgenheimer

Hello,

I am running a new dedicated computer only running LOR and my radio station software "Direttore". I have used this software with ALL of my previous setups and my computer meets or exceeds all minimum requirments.

I have now come home a couple of times to dark lights and no show running, no music playing. My computer is frozen with an error box with the "word" AdjMmsEng across the top and in the box it says Cannot create Engine VX with a button that says OK?

Push the button and nothing happens....the mouse works but I can't get LOR or Direttore to shut down and I can't get anything else to open as far as internet explorer or any of the "Microsoft programs" Calculator, solitare....like I said....the computer is dedicated to only running the lights so I don't have anything else on it.

I end up having to hard boot the computer to get out of it.

I just downloaded the latest LOR 3 update and I have installed it. I will update later tonight if this may have fixed the problem but in the mean time if there may be some information or knowlage of a problem or something I should be looking at to resolve this, please feel free to interject!

Thanks!

Craig

Hi Bob,

Up until November of this year I was using 2.9.4.

About the 15th or so I upgraded to I "think" it was 3.1.2. Please forgive me I "think" that is what it was.....it was what ever version was available on or around the 10th-15th of November this year.

I set it all up and was "dry running" it until last week when I went "live". The problems started this last weekend.

I just today downloaded and installed "updated" to 3.1.4. Unfortunatly, I didn't look at the previous version before I "upgraded" to 3.1.4. So I am assuming that I WAS running 3.1.2.

Craig

BTW, When I say I was dry running it. I did NOT have the light linker "linked" up to the LOR boxes.

When I did go to connect the light linkers I did have a hard time establishing a connection.

It was trying to find it on com port 1 and did work there for a while but kept loosing the connection between the computer and the light linker. I ultamatly had to manually switch it to com port 3 and it has kept the connection there with out fail.

Craig

3.1.2 (and all other 3.*.* except 3.0.4 and 3.1.4) had an issue that could cause all sorts of strange things to happen when the LOR Control Panel was running (doesn't even matter if shows are enabled). It's possible that this was the issue you were having; if so, updating to 3.1.4 should do the trick.

If you continue to have the problem even after updating to 3.1.4, please let us know. Thanks.

Bob/anyone else interested,

Just a quick update, the update seems to have indeed fixed the problem. Monday and Tuesday nights shows went off without a hitch and knock on wood to now the FM station is still on the air and everything seems to be running like it used to.

Whatever evel was in 3.1.2 was run out by the update to 3.1.4 in my case anyways!

Thanks again,
Craig