Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Playing Incorrectly And After Completion

dkoehler42

I had an odd problem today. One of the channels was behaving as though it were a different channel for one musical sequence. After that, when the program had completed and the day's schedule was complete, I noticed at least one different channel continuing to twinkle/shimmer at 50% power. I stopped this by disabling the show, but I have never had these problems before. I am using a Windows XP system using the latest version of S3. I intend to powercycle both LOR Showtime boxes when the sun comes up. Has anyone else seen this, or are there any known issues? The current show is an animation startup sequence, and then I used the Simple Builder on two animation sequences and six musical sequences.

Check your "Show" in the show editor. Check all the tabs. You may have overlapping entries. Animation sequences and Music Sequences and Startups and Shutdowns. It may not have really been done.

Jon, I can assure you that I do not have any overlap. There is one startup sequence that goes into the others, all converted into musical from the Easy Sequence tool. I did powercycle the boxes this morning and I'll keep an eye out tonight. Please let me know if you can think of anything.

One thing I noticed before, probably unrelated, is that the LOR wasn't coming up on startup. That fixed itself though. Otherwise, all new LOR windows other than the status come up minimized.

dkoehler42 wrote:

Powercycle. What do you mean hard reset?

To reset the 1600 series:
Remove power
Turn the dials to 00
Reapply power for approx 10 secs
Remove power
Reset the dials to the correct ID number
Reapply power

To reset the PC series: Gen 1 and Gen 2 Boards
Remove power
Remove the jumper from the 2nd row on the header
Reapply power for approx 10 sec
Remove power
Replace the jumper
Reapply power
Reset the controller to the correct ID number

To reset the Gen 3 series PC boards:
Remove Power
Remove the jumper from 4 & 5 over to 5 & 6,
Restore Power
LED starts flashing fast.
Remove Power
Move jumper back to 4 & 5
Reapply Power
Then open the Hardware utility and reset Unit ID

I'll give that a shot later. I just noticed that the last program I had on when the show finished at 10:00 stayed on past 11:00. It is interesting to note I did not have this problem when I used the S2 software during Halloween.

I'm not sure if we have the 1600 series, we're using the grey showtime boxes with 16 channels on each. I set each to 00, powered on for 10, and then reset each back and powered on. I noticed one box was turning on all the lights at half power and twinkling when I pressed the power switch. Then I went ahead and redid the hard controller reset, this time pressing the power switch whenever I turned it on and off. We'll see what comes of it tomorrow.

Just an FYI: I had reset the show to just whatever the SSB could toss out, and one box kept dropping off; requiring several disable/enable of the LOR software.

The original problem sounds more like a communications problem than anyting else. Most likely the controller with the channel on twinkle received a garbled command or missed an off command which kept the channel in twinkle. When you disable shows the controllers know the LOR show player has stopped running and they shut down.

As far as what would be causing a comm problem that is a different question.

I do not understand this statement: "I had reset the show to just whatever the SSB could toss out, and one box kept dropping off; requiring several disable/enable of the LOR software."

Not sure what a box dropping off is but again it sounds like a potential comm issue.