Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't get LOR1602MP3 to power up on PC, but can by Controller

scramboy11

I can't get the LOR1602MP3 to power up from my laptop.

1.) Laptop connects to Controllers fine and runs the show.

2.) Using the EXACT same cables and ports on PC, I cannot get LOR1602MP3 to power up.

3.) I can take the same CAT5 cable out the the controller and connect the LOR1602MP3 to it, and it powers up fine.

Any ideas?

Marc

The MP3 director in the unit you have (where the director mounts inside the controller) has to have power supplied by the controller. If using only the PC connected and not a controller, it will NOT power up. Suggest hooking the director to the controller it's mounted in then connecting that pair to the PC. Make sure the controller is powered up when doing anything with the director.

-Gary-

Gary Levelius wrote:

The MP3 director in the unit you have (where the director mounts inside the controller) has to have power supplied by the controller. If using only the PC connected and not a controller, it will NOT power up. Suggest hooking the director to the controller it's mounted in then connecting that pair to the PC. Make sure the controller is powered up when doing anything with the director.

-Gary-

Gary,

Thanks for your reply.

So, if I understand correctly,

1.) Attach the director to the controller. Use my small CAT5 cable to connect from data out, to data in on the controller. This should power the unit.

2.) Connect the RS485 adapter to my PC and other end to the MP3 Director? Then I should be able to communicate with the director to set the time, etc.?

Marc

-klb- wrote:

Are you using a USB485B or USB485ISO?

Those are the only two adapters that should be supplying power.

Yes. I think Gary has my oversight of the power issue resolved, HOWEVER, I will not be checking until tomorrow during the daylight hours.

Marc

Marc, you are correct, however the other idea of using either the USB485B or USB485ISO adapters would also work if you ever did want to use it without the attached controller. Keep us posted.

-Gary-