Light-O-Rama Forums

cosmic color ribbon flashing where not programmed to flash

maggiezoe

I have one musical sequence where the cosmic color ribbon is flashing where I haven't programmed it to flash. Just in this one sequence, my other sequence are fine. I have four hoops with the cosmic color on them, and it's only happening on one hoop. Also I notice in some of the sequences there are missing lights in certain colors on different hoops. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,
Maggie

Check your network cables and make sure they are also away from the power source if possible. I had a smilar issue last year and this was LOR suggestion.

we found the verifier, our show is running now so we will do this tomorrow. Just opening it now we are seeing all kinds of errors. I'm sure this will help.

Thanks,

Maggie

are you running in legacy or regular mode? if you only need one unit id forthe ribbons they need to be in regular mode,but since it is just in one song that may not be it

oh wow, many errors in the verifier.... I am getting many errors in the Resolution, Macro & color Channels, 151 - 157. I don't understand the Macro part of it so I don't use them. Can someone explain this to me? Also I have 4 ribbons, should their only be one 151 - 157 shown on my sequence editor?

Thanks,
Maggie

maggiezoe wrote:

oh wow, many errors in the verifier.... I am getting many errors in the Resolution, Macro & color Channels, 151 - 157. I don't understand the Macro part of it so I don't use them. Can someone explain this to me? Also I have 4 ribbons, should their only be one 151 - 157 shown on my sequence editor?

Thanks,
Maggie

The errors in the verifier may explain the odd flashing you are seeing.

Each ribbon does require its own "channels 151 - 157" otherwise the ribbon would be "guessing" how to interpret what you programmed in the sequence editor and may be "guessing" wrong.

I would suspect that when you correct the errors,you will be pleased with your display

This is the error I'm getting...

Message Number: 28
Severity: Warning
Summary: Channel is completely off
Details #1: The sequence containing the channel
Details #2: The track containing the channel
Details #3: The name of the channel
One of your scheduled sequences contains a channel which is completely off for its entire duration.
Consider removing the channel from the sequence, using the Sequence Editor.

This error is on my {Track}: Track 1 {Channel}: CCD05-LR

Thanks again for all the help!!!

Maggie

Thanks everyone for all the help. I searched on-line and it tells me that when you get message #28 on the verifier it just means their is one channel on your sequence that isn't programmed with lights. And I have two that are not. One was just a holding place for my trunk of my Mega tree and the other was strobe lights that I didn't use this year. All is good in LOR world now.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Maggie

Thanks everyone for all the help. I searched on-line and it tells me that when you get message #28 on the verifier it just means their is one channel on your sequence that isn't programmed with lights. And I have two that are not. One was just a holding place for my trunk of my Mega tree and the other was strobe lights that I didn't use this year. All is good in LOR world now.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Maggie

• The topic was locked