Light-O-Rama Forums

Pinspot 360

tgrabher

Wondering IF anyone is using this fixture? I know all the numbers for panning, strobing, and dimmer, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the Pinspot stop at certain points.....a continuous pan back and forth.
INFO:
Panning = CH 2 0 - 255 on each
Strobe = CH 3
Dimmer = CH 4

Any help would be appreciated!

Tony

tgrabher wrote:

Wondering IF anyone is using this fixture? I know all the numbers for panning, strobing, and dimmer, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the Pinspot stop at certain points.....a continuous pan back and forth.
INFO:
Panning = CH 2 0 - 255 on each
Strobe = CH 3
Dimmer = CH 4

Any help would be appreciated!

Tony

Tony, a glance at the manual shows Channel 1 is the Pan position control. Channel 2 is the Pan Speed value (how fast it will move to where channel 1 tells it to move.)

JonB256 wrote:

Tony, a glance at the manual shows Channel 1 is the Pan position control. Channel 2 is the Pan Speed value (how fast it will move to where channel 1 tells it to move.)

What I find in the console:
1 does nothing
2 sets pan speed and pan degree. EX 2 set to DMX value of
18 moves the light slowly at 90 degree.
3 strobe effect 128 = off
4 dimmer 0 = off 15 = max

Attached a pic of console, wondering if I need to change settings or it's ID #?

Attached files 290808=16090-console.jpg

It may not have any baring on your light behavior, but I would re-ID your IDMX to something other then E0. That keeps you iDMX in the LOR DMX256 (Legacy Mode) and not DMX512. Rename your iDMX to ANYTHING not ending in 0 (zero). I will go look at the manual and see if you missed something.

And make sure your firmware is the latest and greatest.

OK here is what I would do to test. First off, I am not sure why you have CH15 set to 51.

Set 3 & 4 to zero
Leave 2 as you have it at 7 or maybe less (just not 0)

Then actively slide 1 up and watch the fixture. That alone should control the pan dynamically.

If it does not, you may have a bad fixture, but I might get that iDMX out of Legacy mode first (above post), then test this.

I have used Chauvet products for years now (200B, Intimidator 2.0 Spot), and am starting to cycle through some repairs. The shop I use to do this is Hollywood Lights, a very reputable theatrical company. I will put it this way. They know what I do at the Holidays and they say that American DJ may be a better choice for me in the long run as far as commercial products go.

Does not help you now, but keep that in mind.

Ok, thanks for the input....I'll re-id the controller and give it a shot!
I know in auto mode the fixture does all kinds of things...but I know those are pre-programmed too.
I've got a frosty that I was trying to "spot light" with the fixture instead of just having silly looking "hollywood search lights"....More later...thanks

zman wrote:

OK here is what I would do to test. First off, I am not sure why you have CH15 set to 51.

Set 3 & 4 to zero
Leave 2 as you have it at 7 or maybe less (just not 0)

Then actively slide 1 up and watch the fixture. That alone should control the pan dynamically.

If it does not, you may have a bad fixture, but I might get that iDMX out of Legacy mode first (above post), then test this.

I have used Chauvet products for years now (200B, Intimidator 2.0 Spot), and am starting to cycle through some repairs. The shop I use to do this is Hollywood Lights, a very reputable theatrical company. I will put it this way. They know what I do at the Holidays and they say that American DJ may be a better choice for me in the long run as far as commercial products go.

Does not help you now, but keep that in mind.

Thanks for the help! I figure my fixtures are limited then....I changed the id several times with different settings and all produced the same results. Wasn't sure if there was a stop/hold command or a setting to make the fixture wait til it returned to the "home" position or not.
But thanks to all for your input! Greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful Christmas! (and show)
Tony

Attached files 291853=16129-Control Settings.jpg

zman wrote:

It may not have any baring on your light behavior, but I would re-ID your IDMX to something other then E0. That keeps you iDMX in the LOR DMX256 (Legacy Mode) and not DMX512. Rename your iDMX to ANYTHING not ending in 0 (zero). I will go look at the manual and see if you missed something.

And make sure your firmware is the latest and greatest.

Hardware Utility V2.9.4

Controllers - 01 - CTB16D V4.40
02 - CTB16D V4.40
11 - DMX1000 V1.41

Would take any ideas on what fixture to buy for next year with greater control. (Pan, tilt, colors etc)

I thought the Pinspot would be perfect for the brightness of the 10 watt LED bulb...which is very bright! I'll give em that for sure. Matches perfectly with my other white LED bulbs.

Tony,

What are you looking to do? That has baring on the fixture. It sounds like you want to rove the light then fix it on a spot? For this you need a yoke light.

zman wrote:

Tony,

What are you looking to do? That has baring on the fixture. It sounds like you want to rove the light then fix it on a spot? For this you need a yoke light.

It sounds like you are right there Mark...I might have jumped the gun in ordering these lights (although they are cool and inexpensive) without doing enough research.

Yes on the rove the light....I orginally intended on setting the lights as eyeballs for my singing faces so it would appear as if they were looking around, and quickly realized that wasn't gonna happen.

But on a positive note, they work perfectly with Party Rock Anthem for a so called "club" effect. So I got that going :D
Thanks again Mark....I might be calling on you again for input on the yoke light...Merry Christmas!

• The topic was locked